Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Pack grading in PSA system question - Popped

abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
edited October 22, 2019 1:50PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I know the new grading system is still somewhat new. I have a pack submission that just went from research to grading. I am wondering if anyone can give me an estimate as to how long I still have before it is completed? Thanks.

Working on the following sets
1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say about 2-3 weeks.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

@grote15 said:
    I would say about 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for the reply.

• tkerstingtkersting Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

Mine was in grading for 2 months, currently in QA2. Logged at the end of April. This was a crossover from GAI pack submission.

@tkersting said:
    Mine was in grading for 2 months, currently in QA2. Logged at the end of April. This was a crossover from GAI pack submission.

Thanks for the reply. It will be interesting to see the turnaround time. My one pack submission was logged June. 12th. I am not sure about the authenticity of the pack I submitted. Decided to take a chance since I was already committed.

edited October 4, 2019 6:30PM

@tkersting said:

2 months in stage 4 (grading)? That's much longer than usual. In my experience, stage 3 (Research & ID) is the by far the longest stage with steps 4 through 7 going failrly quickly. Stage 7 (QA2) can take a while before shipping.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@abcoltsfan said:
    I know the new grading system is still somewhat new. I have a pack submission that just went from research to grading. I am wondering if anyone can give me an estimate as to how long I still have before it is completed? Thanks.

Will a call to Customer Service give you a definitive time frame?

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@abcoltsfan said:

Will a call to Customer Service give you a definitive time frame?

No, that is why they implemented the new timeline.

If the sub has advanced to the assembly portion does that mean that they have made a determination that the pack is original?

@abcoltsfan said:
    If the sub has advanced to the assembly portion does that mean that they have made a determination that the pack is original?

No. You reach that stage regardless.

@grote15 said:

@abcoltsfan said:

I figured as much but wanted to verify. Thanks for the reply.

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2019 4:49PM

@grote15 said:

@abcoltsfan said:

What about if they have assigned it a cert # already? I am in that same stage with a high value auto and I don't want to celebrate early if it isn't being holdered and proved authentic.

@secretstash said:

@grote15 said:

@abcoltsfan said:

What about if they have assigned it a cert # already? I am in that same stage with a high value auto and I don't want to celebrate early if it isn't being holdered an proved authentic.

Each item submitted, even those that do not get holdered, are assigned a cert # upon receipt at PSA.

• RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

Todays my 6 month anniversary. My 12 packs were logged on 4/18. All common low end packs. Ugh. GL

@RyansRust said:
    Todays my 6 month anniversary. My 12 packs were logged on 4/18. All common low end packs. Ugh. GL

Ouch! My 1 pack sub was entered on 6/12 and just entered QA2 this morning. Not much longer. Hope you get yours soon.

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dropping off 9 packs at PSA in St. Louis tomorrow including 72 basketball and 72 football. Guessing I'll have them back around the 3 week of the 2020 MLB regular season.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • tkerstingtkersting Posts: 136 ✭✭✭

For context I got an 8 pack crossover submission back last week. They were shipped to PSA in early April and logged on April 27th. Good luck.

edited October 18, 2019 6:57PM

@abcoltsfan said:

@RyansRust said:

Ouch! My 1 pack sub was entered on 6/12 and just entered QA2 this morning. Not much longer. Hope you get yours soon.

QA2 is the second longest stage after stage 3 (Research & ID) for pack subs. Usually about 1 month from there to poppage.

Thanks. I guess I'll stop checking repeatedly! I wonder why QA2 takes so long?

Just to let everyone now as far as the timeline goes, my order popped today. It ran from 6/12/19 - 10/22/19. However, my pack did not pass authentication so that possibly may alter the timeline a little.

Just got poppage today, too. Very pleased with the results, especially the PSA 8 1977 cello with Dawson RC on top and Brett on back. The Star Wars packs and the 78 OPC pack with Ryan on back are from the last CU group break.

NEAR MINT 7 1976 Topps Baseball Cello Pack Cello Pack Don Sutton-Top

MINT 9 1980 Topps Baseball Cello Pack Cello Pack Dale Murphy-Top

NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1977 Topps Baseball Cello Pack Cello Pack Andre Dawson-Top/George Brett-Back

MINT 9 1975 Topps Baseball Cello Pack Cello Pack

NEAR MINT 7 1977 Topps Baseball Wax Pack

NEAR MINT 7 1977 Topps Baseball Wax Pack

NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1977 Topps Baseball Wax Pack

NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1973 Topps Baseball Wax Pack Wax Pack 5th Series/Bob Locker-Back Pack

NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1978 O.P.C. Baseball Wax Pack Wax Pack Nolan Ryan-Back Pack

NEAR MINT 7 1977 Topps Star Wars Wax Pack Star Wars 1st Series Pack

NEAR MINT 7 1977 Topps Star Wars Wax Pack Star Wars 1st Series Pack

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2019 8:16PM

Nice packs. When did you submit @grote15 ?

@secretstash said:
    Nice packs. When did you submit @grote15 ?

Thanks. This sub was logged in on 4/19.

• I submitted packs that were logged in on 4/21/19. I finally received them back yesterday...it's awful how long their turnaround times are. It took mine over six months to get back, even though PSA says it should be about 70 business days. Ya, right.

I agree. Especially if you have a pack that came back as No Good. You are pretty much out of luck as far as returns are concerned.