Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1953 PL Canada Mint Set-Opinions please...Real Deal???

Sorry guys, only picture I have...was complete sets from 1953-1963 housed in single capitol holder...guy liked Canadian Coins..Is the 1953 set look PL? Does to me, but not cheap so want to be as sure as possible... thanks for opining!
Tons of frost on Half, Quarter, Dime, not so much on $$

RJ Westmoreland Rare Coins

Comments

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

are these in individual cardboard holders and MINT sealed in original cellophane, not damaged?
    if so, some of them can be expensive.
    If NOT, anyone can put together sets, PL and circulation grades.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    VernoVerno Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

Nope, in 10 set capitol holder. The original owner worked in a coin store in the mid 70's when the set was put together. Coins appear to be PL, as easily seen on the 1953 Quarter...1953 is the money set and really only one that matters....just figuring out if I want to buy and roll the dice and send into host for grading....

• Options

Capital plastic holders are NOT original. Anybody can put these sets together at any time. Holders are available to buy for about 2.50 or even less. Your 53 set is not worth more than the respective graded coins market value.... BV.
    the only 1953 $ worth more is the 1953 SF SWL (shoulder-Fold-Short water line)

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

You sell BU 1953 Canadian Dollars for BV? Dang...send a few my way as I've sold quite a few in the $20-$30 range, 2 just a couple of weeks ago!

@YQQ said:
    Capital plastic holders are NOT original. Anybody can put these sets together at any time. Holders are available to buy for about 2.50 or even less. Your 53 set is not worth more than the respective graded coins market value.... BV.
    the only 1953 $ worth more is the 1953 SF SWL (shoulder-Fold-Short water line)

• Options
    edited October 5, 2019 7:38AM

amwldcoin
    very good for you, but please read carefully what I wrote.
    "Your 53 set is not worth more than the respective graded coins market value."
    and yes, I would sell you all my 53's low grades at BV!!!. by the time you add shipping costs you are NOT ahead of the game. Yours must have been MS62 or better or your buyer was speculating / buying silver ahead of the "rush".
    I buy most, IF I buy them , silver dollars Canadian if they are 62 or better, except some certain years and varieties.
    Otherwise it is not of any interest regardless how nice they look as MS61 or lower. the upside is not worth it.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well you followed your Bolded statement above with ...BV which I took that to be what you said the 53 set pictured above was worth to you! :p

@YQQ said:
    amwldcoin
    very good for you, but please read carefully what I wrote.
    "Your 53 set is not worth more than the respective graded coins market value."
    and yes, I would sell you all my 53's low grades at BV!!!. by the time you add shipping costs you are NOT ahead of the game. Yours must have been MS62 or better or your buyer was speculating / buying silver ahead of the "rush".
    I buy most, IF I buy them , silver dollars Canadian if they are 62 or better, except some certain years and varieties.
    Otherwise it is not of any interest regardless how nice they look as MS61 or lower. the upside is not worth it.