Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

WTB: Dave Kingman PSA High Graded Cards (and Ungraded Cards)

Hello,

I am generally looking to buy PSA 10 graded cards, especially for 1980's cards, but for obscure and or difficult cards may be interested in buying lower graded copies and or high grade ungraded copies. Please PM me if you have anything for sale. Thanks - Eric

1972-76 Giants Team Issue #11 Dave Kingman
1973 Kellogg's Panels #44 Davis / Kingman
1973 Kellogg's Panels #44 Kingman / May / Seaver
1973 Kellogg's Panels #44 Davis / Kingman / May - (currently have PSA8)
1973 O-Pee-Chee #23 Dave Kingman
1973 Topps #23 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA9)
1973-74 Linnett Portraits #159 Dave Kingman
1974 O-Pee-Chee #610 Dave Kingman
1974 Topps Stamps #106 Dave Kingman
1975 Hostess Panels #85 Garr / Herrmann / Kingman - (currently have PSA6)
1975 Mets SSPC #9 Dave Kingman
1975 O-Pee-Chee #156 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA7)
1975 SSPC Samples #3 Dave Kingman (Blank Back)
1975 SSPC Samples #3 Dave Kingman (Career Summary Back) - (currently have PSA9)
1976 Buckman Discs #26 Dave Kingman
1976 Crane Discs #26 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA6)
1976 Dairy Isle Discs #26 Dave Kingman
1976 Hostess Panels 13-15 Bobby Grich / Ted Forster / Dave Kingman
1976 Hostess Twinkie #15 Dave Kingman
1976 Mr. Softee Iron-Ons #4 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA9)
1976 O-Pee-Chee #193 Schmidt/Kingman/Luz LL - (currently have PSA9)
1976 O-Pee-Chee #40 Dave Kingman
1976 Sportstix #1 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA5)
1976 SSPC #542 Dave Kingman
1976 SSPC Promos #3 Dave Kingman (Ad Back)
1977 Customized Discs #35 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA9)
1977 Dairy Isle Discs #35 Dave Kingman
1977 Holiday Inn Discs #35 Dave Kingman (Padres) - (currently have PSA8)
1977 Hostess #60 Dave Kingman
1977 Hostess Panels #20 Cesar Cedano / Ken Griffey / Dave Kingman
1977 Hostess "L" Panels #20 Cesar Cedano / Ken Griffey / Dave Kingman
1977 Hostess Twinkie #60 Dave Kingman
1977 O-Pee-Chee #98 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA8)
1977 Saga Discs #35 Dave Kingman
1977 Wendy's Discs #35 Dave Kingman
1977 Zip'z Discs #35 Dave Kingman
1978 Hostess Panels #9 Ron Guidry / Dave Kingman / George Brett
1978 Royal Crown Cola Iron-Ons #37 Dave Kingman
1978 Saga Discs #19 Dave Kingman
1978 SSPC 270 #252 Dave Kingman
1978 Wiffle Ball Discs #34 Dave Kingman
1978 Wiffle Ball Insert Discs NNO Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA9)
1979 Hostess Panels #49 Dennis Eckersley / Buddy Bell / Dave Kingman
1979 O-Pee-Chee #191 Dave Kingman - currently have PSA9)
1980 O-Pee-Chee #127 Dave Kingman
1980 Topps Super #16 Dave Kingman
1980 Topps Super White Backs #16 Dave Kingman
1981 All-Star Game Program Inserts #148 Dave Kingman
1981 Coke Team Sets #87 Dave Kingman
1981 Donruss #553 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA9)
1981 O-Pee-Chee #361 Dave Kingman DP - (currently have PSA9)
1981 O-Pee-Chee #361 Gray Back Dave Kingman
1981 Perma-Graphic Credit Cards #18 Dave Kingman
1981 Squirt Panel Ben Oglivie #3 / Dave Kingman #14 - (currently have PSA5)
1981 Topps Scratchoffs Panel (Dave Kingman / Jim Bibby / Terry Whitfield)
1981 Topps Scratchoffs Panel (Dave Kingman / Steve Rogers / Terry Puhl)
1981 Topps Super Home Team #26 Dave Kingman
1982 Fleer #530 Dave Kingman
1982 Fleer Stamps #85 Dave Kingman G9
1982 O-Pee-Chee Stickers #72 Dave Kingman
1982 Topps Stickers #72 Dave Kingman
1983 Fleer Stickers #232 Dave Kingman
1983 Major League Picture Balls #3 Mookie Wilson/Tom Seaver/Dave Kingman/George Foster
1983 O-Pee-Chee #161 Dave Kingman SV
1983 O-Pee-Chee Stickers #11 Dave Kingman
1983 O-Pee-Chee Stickers #207 Dave Kingman
1983 O-Pee-Chee Stickers #259 Dave Kingman
1983 Topps Foldouts #2 Home Run Leaders/Reggie Jackson& 464/Carl Yastrz
1983 Topps Stickers #11 Dave Kingman
1983 Topps Stickers #259 Dave Kingman
1984 A's Mother's #15 Dave Kingman
1984 A's Pro Arts #10 Dave Kingman
1984 Donruss Champions #3 Dave Kingman
1984 Fun Foods Pins #36 Dave Kingman
1984 Fun Foods Proofs #36 Dave Kingman
1984 Nestle 792 #573 Dave Kingman
1984 Oakland Athletics Photocards #15 Dave Kingman
1984 Topps Traded Tiffany #63T Dave Kingman
1985 Barry Colla Postcards #6485 Dave Kingman
1985 Circle K #26 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA9)
1985 Donruss Action All-Stars #32 Dave Kingman
1985 Fleer Star Stickers #14 Dave Kingman
1985 Leaf/Donruss #182 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA9)
1985 O-Pee-Chee Stickers #320 Dave Kingman
1985 Topps Glossy Send-Ins #5 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA9)
1986 Baseball Star Buttons #64 Dave Kingman
1986 Donruss #54 Dave Kingman
1986 Fleer #423 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA8)
1986 Sportflics #68 HR Champs Mike Schmidt - (currently have PSA9)
1986 Topps #410 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA9)
1987 Fleer #396 Dave Kingman
1987 Fleer Glossy #396 Dave Kingman
1987 O-Pee-Chee Stickers #173 Dave Kingman
1987 Red Foley Sticker Book #115 Dave Kingman - (currently have PSA9)
1987 Topps Stickers #173 Dave Kingman
1987 Topps Stickers Hardback Test #173 Dave Kingman
1987 Topps Tiffany #709 Dave Kingman - (Currently have PSA9)

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sir, I would just like to say I hope you find the cards you're looking for, and it's nice to see a sky king collector on the forum. Thank you, and have a great day.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Sir, I would just like to say I hope you find the cards you're looking for, and it's nice to see a sky king collector on the forum. Thank you, and have a great day.

Thank you sir!

• Options

Hi Eric,

Good luck with your Kingman quest. I'm not sure why you decided to collect his cards but I'd like to share my one and only Kingman story with you.

So I'm almost two years retired after serving/surviving 30 years in Law Enforcement. I don't remember the exact date but I want to say sometime in the late 90's or early 2000's, and I was on dayshift patrol. I was dispatched to a burglary alarm at a lumber business. Upon arriving I noticed a vehicle in the parking lot with a man standing next to it. I pulled up to the man and told him who I was and why I was here. I asked the man what he was doing here (as the business was closed). I can't remember what he said exactly (nothing suspicious though) but I still asked him for his identification to verify his identity in case a true burglary occurred, or was occurring. He provided me his drivers license.

I looked at the name on the license and it was David Arthur Kingman. I was pretty sure he was the retired baseball player but didn't know what his middle name was from memory. I only knew two things about Kingman at that time, one being he played professional baseball and two, that he hit at least one home run with four different teams in 1977. So I asked Kingman if he ever played professional baseball. Kingman said yes.

I was then advised by other Deputies on-scene that it was a false alarm. I told Kingman he could leave and thanked him for his cooperation. He graciously stayed for a little bit longer as I talked with him about his career, and of course the homers with four different teams in 1977 (which I believe he is the only player that has done that?) Anyway, Kingman was a true gentleman throughout the entire encounter, and was gracious enough to sign my small notebook paper. I will always treasure the autograph and the encounter. Hope you enjoyed and again good luck with your Kingman quest.

Matt

• Options

@ejharrington said:

@doubledragon said:

Thank you sir!

You are very welcome. Dave Kingman was the kind of hitter that people had to watch when he stepped up to the plate. If you had to go to the bathroom when Dave Kingman stepped up to the plate, you held it in, because you just never knew when he was going to hit a bomb out of the park.

• Options

@MLAB said:
    Hi Eric,

Good luck with your Kingman quest. I'm not sure why you decided to collect his cards but I'd like to share my one and only Kingman story with you.

So I'm almost two years retired after serving/surviving 30 years in Law Enforcement. I don't remember the exact date but I want to say sometime in the late 90's or early 2000's, and I was on dayshift patrol. I was dispatched to a burglary alarm at a lumber business. Upon arriving I noticed a vehicle in the parking lot with a man standing next to it. I pulled up to the man and told him who I was and why I was here. I asked the man what he was doing here (as the business was closed). I can't remember what he said exactly (nothing suspicious though) but I still asked him for his identification to verify his identity in case a true burglary occurred, or was occurring. He provided me his drivers license.

I looked at the name on the license and it was David Arthur Kingman. I was pretty sure he was the retired baseball player but didn't know what his middle name was from memory. I only knew two things about Kingman at that time, one being he played professional baseball and two, that he hit at least one home run with four different teams in 1977. So I asked Kingman if he ever played professional baseball. Kingman said yes.

I was then advised by other Deputies on-scene that it was a false alarm. I told Kingman he could leave and thanked him for his cooperation. He graciously stayed for a little bit longer as I talked with him about his career, and of course the homers with four different teams in 1977 (which I believe he is the only player that has done that?) Anyway, Kingman was a true gentleman throughout the entire encounter, and was gracious enough to sign my small notebook paper. I will always treasure the autograph and the encounter. Hope you enjoyed and again good luck with your Kingman quest.

Matt

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@ejharrington said:

@doubledragon said:

Thank you sir!

You are very welcome. Dave Kingman was the kind of hitter that people had to watch when he stepped up to the plate. If you had to go to the bathroom when Dave Kingman stepped up to the plate, you held it in, because you just never knew when he was going to hit a bomb out of the park.

Killebrew was the same, you paid attention a little more closely when these guys were up!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

That's a great story, thank you for sharing it!

@MLAB said:
    Hi Eric,

Matt