Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post anything coin related that makes you laugh ...

Comments

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    John2000John2000 Posts: 81 ✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2019 5:51AM

I may not know what I'm doing most of the time, but I'm Damn good at it. 😇 😈

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mrs. Sternly, the Fifth Grade Teacher, asked Johnny, "Which coin would you rather have, this shiny new nickel or this beat up ol' quarter?"
    Johnny replied," That quarter looks to be a clad quarter from the 70's so worn, it's barely worth it's face value. Now that nickel looks to be a '97 P matte proof and needs to be graded and CAC'd immediately, get your white gloves, where's my Redbook?"

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where’s that toilet seat with the old collector and his magnifying glass?

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2019 8:35AM

Badly damaged or corroded coins that are straight graded are taboo here so use your imagination. They really crack me up when I see them.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

when I was a very young boy , growing up in Southern Germany on a very small (like to be) farm I had a weekly allowance every Sunday of 5 Pfennig. It was usually spent for Ice Cream.
    one day I had this great idea: I went to the neighbours and asked if they would change me my 5 cent to a 10 cent??
    They laughed and did it.. just this time. Now I could by 2 Ice cream cones. :)

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    PickwickjrPickwickjr Posts: 556 ✭✭✭✭✭

A dealer tried telling my friend this was caused by a water stain ! Must have been really salty water.
    o

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2019 6:41AM

From craigslist

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

Another from craigslist................must net out at XF45 :D

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

Actually... It should net out at XF45.5...

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2019 1:02PM
  • Options
    PickwickjrPickwickjr Posts: 556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2019 3:29PM

There was a seated dollar on eBay for sale about a year ago. Two people I know were interested in the same coin. One guy is a coin bully with money the other is doing well for himself too. The coin bully convinced the other guy he was going to win the coin regardless. The other guy backed off with the hopes of buying the coin down the road.
    Well the night of the auction the bully messed up his bid and lost the coin. It was hilarious I thought. He had to swallow his ego and call the other guy.

Something very similar happened to me with the dealer on an 1872s.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

people paying money for CAC stickers

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@Aotearoa said:

@1630Boston said:

Mathematically you are correct, but you did not have the luxury of viewing the reverse. :D

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:

@Aotearoa said:

@1630Boston said:

Mathematically you are correct, but you did not have the luxury of viewing the reverse. :D

Guilty as charged!

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like to laugh.

Circus Bugs ...

More legs, and there really shouldn't be ...

What to do with lower tier tpg slabs, aka YN in training ....

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file