Home Autographs Forum
Options

Richard Simon authentication

I would appreciate some opinions regarding his reliability for sports autographs.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

Well I recently brought a DiMaggio/Mantle/Williams autographed photo to the White Plains show. It was authenticated and sold by Richard Simon in 2002. JSA said none of the signatures were close to being authentic and asked me who this Richard Simon guy was.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

@smallstocks said:
    Well I recently brought a DiMaggio/Mantle/Williams autographed photo to the White Plains show. It was authenticated and sold by Richard Simon in 2002. JSA said none of the signatures were close to being authentic and asked me who this Richard Simon guy was.

I am not saying JSA was wrong, but they are one of the main offenders when it comes to putting stickers on items which in my opinion is unnecessary damage to the item, so I don't hold them in very high regard.

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2019 4:14PM

@Yankeesarethebest said:
    Wow really? I would ask some of the guys on net54

Will try.

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

JSA autograph authenticators are very familiar with those three autographs.

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

RIchard is on Net54 and I would trust his opinion before I would trust JSA.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!