Home U.S. Coin Forum

New pickup for my toned modern commem $1 set

kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 21, 2019 6:21PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I buy these whenever I can find them. I haven’t found one for a while.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.

Comments

• ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats something you dont see often. Maybe the capulse wasn't sealed tight in the box?

• kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to say but I’m building a Dansco album for these that will hopefully help with some nice toning. Maybe the new .999 coins will finally get some nice purples and reds.

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a great idea something different

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, I like your approach. Awesome-looking silver dollar! Congrats!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • EbeneezerEbeneezer Posts: 263 ✭✭✭

Wow. That is nice. I like the direction it's heading with both color and consistency. Odd how modern coinage begins toning so early, which I've noticed particularly with the early Statehood Quarters I have. A similar gold to that of your dollar. A condition cause from a mint process reacting to the environment?

• kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not sure, I’ve bought these already certified. My first flight looks almost the same ..

@Ebeneezer said:
    Wow. That is nice. I like the direction it's heading with both color and consistency. Odd how modern coinage begins toning so early, which I've noticed particularly with the early Statehood Quarters I have. A similar gold to that of your dollar. A condition cause from a mint process reacting to the environment?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file