Home Sports Talk
Options

Bye, Bye, Antonia.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was a great receiver, maybe the greatest of his era, but now he will probably never play again. Cue the highlight reel.

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

cue the chiefs picking him up

• Options

doubtful, he's poison.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/09/20/patriots-release-antonio-brown/

Patriots Release Antonio Brown

Good thing the Patriots had him for that one game, or they might have never beat the Dolphins. ;)

• Options

:p

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rumor has it that Brown farted in Belichick's face during practice this morning,now this.

• Options

Joe Friday: "Just the facts, Ma'am.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not suprised. I kinda figured he would get cut at some point. Stinks but it is what it is

• Options

Who is Antonia bye the way?

• Options

At least the Pats are able to void his contract after all this.

• Options

@keets said:
    doubtful, he's poison.

well there is always the XFL

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't believe the Patriots let him go after all he did for that organization, after all the hours he spent with that organization.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I can't believe the Patriots let him go after all he did for that organization, after all the hours he spent with that organization.

I KNOW! I AM LIVID!!! My face is the same shade of red as Carson Wentz's was last Sunday

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stevek...Maybe the Eagles can pick him up? You need all the help you can get...oh, BTW, "baggage alert".

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

What in hell for?

The Chiefs could sign Caitlyn Jenner and Mahomes would throw to him/her
    for 185 and 3 touchdowns.
    Or sign you and you would get 150 and 1 or 2 TD's.
    Remember, he/she was once a world class athlete, you, I presume, were not.

• Options

@Darin said:

@bronco2078 said:

What in hell for?

The Chiefs could sign Caitlyn Jenner and Mahomes would throw to him/her
    for 185 and 3 touchdowns.
    Or sign you and you would get 150 and 1 or 2 TD's.
    Remember, he/she was once a world class athlete, you, I presume, were not.

whoa easy killer , :D I'm just saying , he is fully available and every other legit starting QB in the league besides mahomes is injured . I think another team will need a wide receiver at somepoint and sign him.

He is a released free agent correct? Rumor has it the Pats didn't pay him the 9 million and he is about to be sued by 58 different women , he needs mo money

• Options

For the sake of the noble Bob Kraft , I'm glad the antonio brown story eventually had a happy ending :#

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    For the sake of the noble Bob Kraft , I'm glad the antonio brown story eventually had a happy ending :#

I bet he had to pay extra for that. ;)

• Options

Patriots owner Robert Kraft , refused to comment when seen exiting his favorite day spa , however he looked more relaxed than he had in 11 days

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Patriots were willing to weather the storm of events before AB was a Patriots. But Wednesday as a Patriot he sent threatening texts to one of his accusers.
    Bye Bye

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

San Antonia?

@perkdog said:
    Who is Antonia bye the way?

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Time to move forward, wish they could have kept Thomas. Still strong at the WR position.

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

He was a pain in Pittsburgh, but damn he imploded...…….

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    The Patriots were willing to weather the storm of events before AB was a Patriots. But Wednesday as a Patriot he sent threatening texts to one of his accusers.
    Bye Bye

That sums it up quite well.

• Options

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-brown-likely-cost-himself-millions-by-getting-cut-by-raiders-patriots-213415941.html

Antonio Brown cost himself millions by getting cut from Raiders, Patriots

.....If Antonio Brown does not wind up receiving his $9M signing bonus from the Patriots (the first $5M was due to be paid on Monday), he will go from a $30M guarantee in March to $9M guaranteed to just $158,333 made for 2019.

• Options

these miloonyials and their social media :D

I heard he lost most if not all of his endorsement deals because of running his mouth online , his "activities" and just plain old being late or missing appearances he was supposed make for said sponsors.

Sponsor ship money is like tooth fairy loot , you get out of bed and you have money. He couldn't manage that. I think hes having a mental breakdown spiraling out of control and he is not done yet

• Options

having a mental breakdown spiraling out of control and he is not done yet

hence, my "poison" comment. he needs help and not enabling by another Franchise willing to take a chance.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-brown-likely-cost-himself-millions-by-getting-cut-by-raiders-patriots-213415941.html

Antonio Brown cost himself millions by getting cut from Raiders, Patriots

.....If Antonio Brown does not wind up receiving his $9M signing bonus from the Patriots (the first $5M was due to be paid on Monday), he will go from a $30M guarantee in March to $9M guaranteed to just $158,333 made for 2019.

I feel so sorry for him...………….NOT!!!!!

• Options

Oh, Geez, you're back. I'm so happy. NOT !!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    Oh, Geez, you're back. I'm so happy. NOT !!

And I thought we were friends. :/ We disagree on some things, but still friends. B)

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

It is nice to see a A**hole not get rewarded for once and actually suffer a loss for their behavior.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options

the idiots on tv and talk radio were losing their marbles for the last 2 weeks. The social justice was flowing out of every orifice

They kept saying a very serious tone of voice that PA authorities can't open an investigation on some incident due to the statue of limitations being run out :D

Well gee I wonder if its cuz they covered it up originally because 3 years ago he was playing for the steelers.

Then some caller would say as much and they would hang up on the caller and say it doesn't matter because he is a Pats player now. As if they didn't understand why the cops down there would cover for the guy while he was on the team , but no longer need to once he was elsewhere. In fact once he was off the team if the statue of limitations wasn't up they would file 20 charges hoping to get national TV coverage. They were probably pretty upset they couldn't.

Everywhere in the country local town state cops whatever cover up 90% of what sports stars do whenever its possible. Less so now when everyone has a video camera in their cellphone , but go back a decade or more and there was airtight coverage over these things .

• Options

if everyone hasn't accepted that they are being watched in some fashion out in public, mostly in larger Cities or in any crowded, public area, they aren't paying attention. go ahead and do something ridiculous and some stranger will have the phone-cam on you. heck, women especially and younger adults always, always, always seem to have their cell-phone in their hand. it's really crazy.

it's hard to get away with doing anything stupid or illegal in today's World.

• Options

@keets said:
    if everyone hasn't accepted that they are being watched in some fashion out in public, mostly in larger Cities or in any crowded, public area, they aren't paying attention. go ahead and do something ridiculous and some stranger will have the phone-cam on you. heck, women especially and younger adults always, always, always seem to have their cell-phone in their hand. it's really crazy.

He would have probably been ok if he didn’t use the social media to send threats to this woman.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@keets said:

He would have probably been ok if he didn’t use the social media to send threats to this woman.

I don't even think it was a threat , I think he is just really dumb. This is the guy that thought a chef was out to get him because there was a fish head in the freezer. He is really dumb , he does dumb things , he is surrounded by people that just agree with him and either don't try to keep him clear of trouble or even worse , they are really trying as hard as they can and he is too much to handle.

• Options

@keets said:

One day babies will be born with little iPods. That's the way evolution works.

;)

• Options

personally, it might be time to accept that there is quite a bit of truth in Brain Trauma. I'm not making any excuses for AB's actions and erratic behavior, certainly he needs to be held accountable for what he's done, but the repeated contact and trauma is a real thing. it just isn't fully understood yet.

mental issues are a hard thing for individuals and Society to get a grip on. when someone has another disease such as Cancer or Alzheimers it is easy to feel compassion, not so with mental issues. the initial reaction tends to be contempt and scorn.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

He sent texts with pictures of the woman’s children. That in itself is sickening. I’m no expert but sounds like a threat to me.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

My friend who is pretty smart and is a big wig in the medical field is certain in his opinion that he is having serious onset CTE. The sudden downfall of this guy has is really bewildering

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

perkdog, maybe that's true but how would your friend know without examining him?

• Options
    arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

@keets said:

You are 100% correct but also missing the bigger picture. When it comes to being caught these days, it has very little to do with actual cellphone cameras unless a commotion or altercation breaks out. You're more likely to get caught by intersection cams, atm cams, highway traffic flow cams, multiple business-front cams, dashboard cams, nests, elevator cams, home security cams and the likes.

Couple that with gps units in just about anything and everything electronical or motorized and you're pretty much just a sitting duck. It’s pretty safe to say the second you step out of your house, in crowded city or desolate country, you going to be on camera.

• Options
    edited September 22, 2019 8:57AM

@Darin said:
    perkdog, maybe that's true but how would your friend know without examining him?

Ofcourse he is not certain from a medical standpoint however he says he certainly believes that CTE is the case. Basically he would bet money on it. I should have clarified that it’s obviously just his opinion

• Options

You're more likely to get caught by intersection cams, atm cams, highway traffic flow cams, multiple business-front cams, dashboard cams, nests, elevator cams, home security cams and the likes.

my presumption is that anyone would infer that from my post. cameras are everywhere, all the time.

• Options

Regardless of possible CTE, just a gut feeling that this guy Brown has always been a punk. Perhaps sometimes a violent punk, possibly never got caught doing it.

• Options

that could be said of the more prolific Sports Forum posters. another thing that could be said is that most people don't understand the meaning of the word "punk" and where it originates.

• Options
    edited September 22, 2019 9:59AM

@keets said:
    that could be said of the more prolific Sports Forum posters. another thing that could be said is that most people don't understand the meaning of the word "punk" and where it originates.

Like me I assume? Lol. I have openly admitted to being a punk in my younger days but assaulting and being disrespectful to woman was never my style. And nobody cares where it originated from since we all get the general Meaning of it the way it used here.

• Options

i think that understanding a word meaning that you would probably not use it so freely. don't you work in Corrections??

• Options
    edited September 22, 2019 10:33AM

@keets said:
    i think that understanding a word meaning that you would probably not use it so freely. don't you work in Corrections??

I did for 20 years. And every second of my career the meaning of the word “Punk” has been crystal clear to anyone who has used it or been called it, same thing previous and since my career ended. A Punk is a Punk Regardless of its origin, or whatever other nonsense that might be found to describe that word

• Options

I could actually humor you and google it but that would be nonsensical since anyone who uses that word understands it’s urban dictionary meaning