Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2019 Topps Update hobby boxes

So what is the scoop on the 2019 update..... is this a good crop to go all in on and buy a case?

Comments

• CdnOsfanCdnOsfan Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

They sure are expensive, seems like $100 or more for 1 hobby box....

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

The release date is Oct 16th according to Blowout @ $110 per.

That's pricey IMO.

I'd also consider hitting the Topps website - LINK - I've seen where they will dump them on release date way cheaper than the secondary market like Blowout.

If they do that? They'll sell out fast if the price is right - so ya have to hit it right at the release date.

I've done Heritage and high numbers along with Chrome, Bowman and Finest this year - so I doubt I'd "adopt" another brand at this point? I was looking at Bowman Chrome but declined.

Mike
  • I have seen them at $87.50 per box. Just trying to decide if I should take the gamble

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VintagemanEd said:
    I have seen them at $87.50 per box. Just trying to decide if I should take the gamble

At 3 and a half bucks a pack? Not bad.

Mike
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

No Yordan Alverez or Aristides Aquino. Vlad JR has an Sp in series 2. Tatis, Alonso, and Eloy all had RCs in series 2. I do not see any reason to buy these especially with inflated price point.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Another thing to consider... look at prior topps update releases that have star rookies in it... they command a premium and their values reflect that!

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2019 5:25AM

I don't see where the star power will be coming from, as has been mentioned. This is a no-brainer wait-and-see as the prices will definitely come down at some point.

Here's what we definitely know: they printed THE HELL out of 2018 Topps Update and it was a huge success. They're not going to stop the printing presses on 2019 until summer 2020. Last year was the first year PSA eclipsed 300,000 graded baseball cards since... 1991. And they're STILL pouring in.

Arthur

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PatriotsSB said:
    What card is the pete alonso base? Is it the all star card? I been watching breaks. Haven't seen a base card

His base card like Tatis, and Eloy was in series 2.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies