Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone else have issues lately with prior owners not deleting cert #’s?

Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
edited September 18, 2019 12:23PM in PSA Set Registry Forum

Just curious if anyone else has seen an increase of prior card owners not deleting the cert numbers of the cards sold out of their inventories. It only takes a second to do literally. I know and understand the 3 day process, but it just gets old to have to scan everything front and back and send emails, when someone can just go in and click it out of their inventory quickly. I have seen a bigger issue of this lately for some reason. Has anyone else seen an increase of this? Just venting mainly...

Jimmy

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2019 1:04PM

I had a lot in a short period of time, but not recently. In my case it wasn't even the prior owner/sellers fault, some jerkwad was building a registry set with whatever certs he could find on the web without ever owning the card. I was finally able to figure out who it was and alerted the registry folks with before/after screencaps. I haven't had an issue since they sent that person a 'stern warning'.

ETA: I still do get the occasional, but have been able to send the seller a message and have had them deleted promptly.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is always a pain but I haven’t noticed an increase.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the time.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

It happens enough that it is really annoying!

• Options

Happens to me occasionally. The nice part now is that PSA sends me an email for each card I send a removal request (which saves me time of having to write down day/time requests made) and PSA sends me an email when the certs have been cleared prior to the mandatory three day wait (saves me time trying to enter the card(s) every hour (LOL) hoping the certs have been cleared. Thank you PSA!

• Options

@MLAB said:
    Happens to me occasionally. The nice part now is that PSA sends me an email for each card I send a removal request (which saves me time of having to write down day/time requests made) and PSA sends me an email when the certs have been cleared prior to the mandatory three day wait (saves me time trying to enter the card(s) every hour (LOL) hoping the certs have been cleared. Thank you PSA!

I do get the email that an email was sent to the previous owner documenting when the removal request was made, but I haven’t noticed an email stating when the cards were removed prior to the 3 days. I just purchased 5 cards from the same seller and it’s been over the 3 day mark. On the next email I send to set registry, I’ll inquire about the second email to see if that’s something I can start getting. I appreciate the info as I didn’t even know that existed..

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t know about that either.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

Your welcome. I believe it is a new program as I didn't sign up for anything. I had to send a removal request for three cards approximately two weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to see the certs have been cleared emails one day later. That was the most recent and only time I got those emails.

Matt

• Options

I also started getting the first email, but did not receive a second. I have two more that I'm waiting to clear. I'll see if I get anything on those.

• Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Yes, I'd say at least the last 10 times I've purchased a card in someone else's inventory this has happened. I had to finally scan the cards in question and email them to the set registry peeps to get them removed from the sellers inventory. Lots of extra work for me and Cosetta and her team.
    It is getting worse IMO and I don't understand why folks can't do the right thing. The struggle is real! :o

• Options

I just rec'd the second email telling me it was okay to add the cards I sent in. Went in with no problem.

• Options

@kingnascar said:
    Yes, I'd say at least the last 10 times I've purchased a card in someone else's inventory this has happened. I had to finally scan the cards in question and email them to the set registry peeps to get them removed from the sellers inventory. Lots of extra work for me and Cosetta and her team.
    It is getting worse IMO and I don't understand why folks can't do the right thing. The struggle is real! :o

This same thing happened to me this past week, which basically inspired me to make this thread. I’d honestly say that anytime I purchase cards that show in someone else’s inventory when attempting to add them to mine, maybe 1 out of 5 previous owners will end up deleting them without me having to scan them and send an email. I get that with iPhones etc it’s easier to snap front and back pictures and attach them to an email, but like you said, I’m sure Cosetta and the rest of the team get sick of dealing with this issue..

• Options
    rehmlhrehmlh Posts: 14 ✭✭

Same issue just happened with me and a large lot from one on the major Ebay consignment sellers. I entered all cards and well over 100 emails were sent. I emailed the consignment seller and told them what happened and they emailed the previous owner. After 6 days, no response so I started with the pictures and replies to PSA. After 40 or so, PSA told me to stop and asked me to give them one final chance. They finally got back to me, told me to email them a list of the cards remaining, no pics necessary, and they would release all of them. Final tally for me was 4 to 5 hours of wasted time. Final tally to consignment seller was a lost customer.

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

@Gemyanks10 said:
    Just curious if anyone else has seen an increase of prior card owners not deleting the cert numbers of the cards sold out of their inventories. It only takes a second to do literally. I know and understand the 3 day process, but it just gets old to have to scan everything front and back and send emails, when someone can just go in and click it out of their inventory quickly. I have seen a bigger issue of this lately for some reason. Has anyone else seen an increase of this? Just venting mainly...

Jimmy

It’s been a real problem in the past however it has become much better imo.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Another for me. again.
    I emailed owner 3 days ago via psa. Still nothing

I guess ill probably have to scan

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

OTOH...
    I had a buyer hit the BIN, and immediately contacted PSA with a removal request. Apparently some, on the West Coast don't realize there is a 3 hour difference between coasts, and buying an item at 8PM on the west coast, is buying something at 11PM on the East Coast. I didn't even know he'd bought the card till the next morning.

I think PSA could advise the requester to give it a day or two...they haven't even gotten the item at that point. What's the big rush?

Both are irritations of the game. Just leave no feedback...I wouldn't go neg or neu.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2020 7:47PM

I don’t think a user has ever removed an item for me.

I plan on just waiting the 3 days and emailing Cosetta @ set registry. She typically takes care of it in a few hours with a smile. Great service from her!

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

PSA does require you have the card in hand.
    As a seller I might want to keep the card on my registry just in case something happens in shipping like stolen.
    That way anyone trying to put up the card is at least traceable

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    rehmlhrehmlh Posts: 14 ✭✭

So today I go to enter cards from a major auction house. 11 cards for my registry. Out of the 11 card lot, only 2 had been released. Why would auction houses risk customer dissatisfaction by not insuring this before they list the items. I emailed the auction house and no response.

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rehmlh said:
    So today I go to enter cards from a major auction house. 11 cards for my registry. Out of the 11 card lot, only 2 had been released. Why would auction houses risk customer dissatisfaction by not insuring this before they list the items. I emailed the auction house and no response.

The auction house is probably not the entity that has the card(s) listed in the registry, so contacting them will do you no good.

You need to use the contact system within PSA's registry, to go to the specific person who used to own the card and has it listed in the registry. They may or may not be the person who consigned the card(s) to the auction house.

I have to do this occasionally; in fact, I just did it on Monday when I got four cards I recently won on ebay. I contacted the previous owner through PSA's system on Monday, and yesterday, I got an email stating they had now removed the card from their possession. I then successfully added it to mine.

Steve

• Options

Recently it hasn't been a problem. Probably out of the last 400 cards, I had five and they were all from the same seller. Had to send the scans on those to get removed. Overall, I feel that it's gotten much better in the last year or so.

• Options

I've been waiting 18 days for a cert to be released. Sent in 4 requests, but unfortunately, I am still waiting to receive the card. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It gets a bit irritating, you consigned your card to an auction, so go in and retire your registry once the card(s) have been sold. It's not rocket science. This particular auction I bought from was a Set Break from a #4 on the registry (1951 Bowman). The auction house actually took over the set registry, and two days after the auction was completed, they retired the set for the original owner. Very well played on their part. Unfortunately, the card I bought was not part of the set break, just a random '51 Bowman, hence the 18 day count down. : )

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnnyLA said:
    I've been waiting 18 days for a cert to be released. Sent in 4 requests, but unfortunately, I am still waiting to receive the card. Scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It gets a bit irritating, you consigned your card to an auction, so go in and retire your registry once the card(s) have been sold. It's not rocket science. This particular auction I bought from was a Set Break from a #4 on the registry (1951 Bowman). The auction house actually took over the set registry, and two days after the auction was completed, they retired the set for the original owner. Very well played on their part. Unfortunately, the card I bought was not part of the set break, just a random '51 Bowman, hence the 18 day count down. : )

Please read jay0791's post above.

You don't get to add the card until you actually have it.

Deleting a card from a set before the new owner has it in hand can (and has) caused more problems when some third party adds the card to his set.

Relax a little bit. It will be fine.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    OTOH...
    I had a buyer hit the BIN, and immediately contacted PSA with a removal request. Apparently some, on the West Coast don't realize there is a 3 hour difference between coasts, and buying an item at 8PM on the west coast, is buying something at 11PM on the East Coast. I didn't even know he'd bought the card till the next morning.

I think PSA could advise the requester to give it a day or two...they haven't even gotten the item at that point. What's the big rush?

Both are irritations of the game. Just leave no feedback...I wouldn't go neg or neu.

I would block this idiot from any future auctions. What if he doesn't like the card when it arrives?

I can't believe the total moronic pea brains there are out there!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set