Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need some assistance on possible grades

I recently was able to purchase a HUGE Collection. Easily my largest purchase to date. Vintage Singles, Unopened Cases, Boxes, Packs, and Rack Packs. Factory Sealed Sets, and tons of oddball stuff. It was almost 3 full loads in a Nissan Armada. As I am able to sort through it I will post some pics. The Vintage is only about 200 cards, but all big names, rookies and HOF'ers. Including 10-12 Mantles.

I am always blown away by the knowledge of some of the members here, so I was wondering what you guys think they would grade.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

The left border of the Mantle looks funky to me. If you look at it on the back(right side), it doesn't appear even. It might just be the pic but i would place it against another card to see if it is short or oversized. Actually, all 3 cards look that way. Maybe it's just me??

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

Thanks @LarkinCollector - Would be thrilled with 5's and 6's really.

@PROMETHIUS88 - they measure dead on vs. my 1958 commons

• Options
    pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Nice pick up. I especially like the Mays.
    Here is my guess: Mantle PSA 5, on the reverse above his name is that shadowing or stain? And above the 150 is that an ink line or just the paper fibers? If neither than I stick to PSA 5.
    Mays PSA 5 also. I wish the corners were not so soft, because the centering is superb. Check to see what that blotch is over his eye.

Aaron I think is a PSA 4 Bottom left corner on the reverse is in bad shape unfortunately. I can't quite make out the bottom corners on the front because of the white background in your pic.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AshleyBrown said:
    Thanks @LarkinCollector - Would be thrilled with 5's and 6's really.

@PROMETHIUS88 - they measure dead on vs. my 1958 commons

I got new glasses yesterday.....still adjusting, lol! I am in agreement with others. I think possible 5's across the board. They are nice.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

Thanks @phelda & @PROMETHIUS88 - I will post the unopened stuff after I get a full inventory. My office & Living room are full of stuff right now.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2019 11:16AM

Mantle
    40% - PSA 5
    25% - PSA 5.5
    35% - PSA 6
    (assuming that mark on the reverse by the card # isn't writing)

Mays
    60% - PSA 4
    20% - PSA 4.5
    20% - PSA 5
    (with all due respect to LarkinCollector, that Mays is no PSA 6)

Aaron
    15% - PSA 4.5
    70% - PSA 5
    15% - PSA 5.5

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2019 11:55AM

5 possible MK depending on if that is a pen mark on the back, 4, 4

I think the Mantle and Mays are at the higher end of the grade.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree generally with the grades guessed by the previous posters.

Very nicely focused photos. Next time please have a contrasting background so corner wear is easier to evaluate.

The Mantle looks nicer, but that line on the back could hurt.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set