Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1889 Seated dime clash?

Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dug this dime the other day. Condition is as found. I located a right angled anomaly to the left of the E in DIME on rev. Known Madclash overlay indicates a gowned leg which is not the same shape. Also a curved anomaly along the obv rim. Your comments are appreciated. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Comments

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

The clash at E looks a lot like the clash on F-117.
    https://www.seateddimevarieties.com/date_mintmark/1889_117page.htm

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a LOT of clashes on Seated Dimes both obverse and reverse. One of the most common on the obverse is what looks like a flame coming out of Liberty's right elbow.

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, on half dimes, there are similar common clash locations:

• E in field under elbow
    • line below TATES (or between wreath tips) from straight base of Ms. Liberty

So my link above was not really meant to say it could only be F-117; just that it was one possibility.
    Looking at the date location and other features would be needed for solid attribution.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yosclimber thanks for that. That is the clash with other variety points! You made my day. Bookmarked that site too. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file