Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

From a coin guy...........I found this interesting

From a coin guy...........I found this interesting
You currency guys/gals will be bored. :)

https://youtu.be/m5aRMD_pC20

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

While I was already aware of this information, I was not bored by it and do find it interesting. I think most people with an interest in paper money enjoy learning more about it. These changes were discussed at length through representatives for the BEP after they changed to the SOI press years ago.

I have during casual conversations explained what those numbers mean to both beginning collectors and even long time ones. Often times I will hear comments like "oh" or "so that's what those mean" it's sort of like a eureka moment and most people are appreciative for having learned something new. I had the same feeling myself when I first learned about it.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

@TennisCoach said:
    While I was already aware of this information, I was not bored by it and do find it interesting. I think most people with an interest in paper money enjoy learning more about it. These changes were discussed at length through representatives for the BEP after they changed to the SOI press years ago.

I have during casual conversations explained what those numbers mean to both beginning collectors and even long time ones. Often times I will hear comments like "oh" or "so that's what those mean" it's sort of like a eureka moment and most people are appreciative for having learned something new. I had the same feeling myself when I first learned about it.

+1

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was very interesting.

Thanks for sharing. Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool video, Boston!