Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2019 Topps Luminaries box break...HUGE hit

minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
edited September 12, 2019 9:07AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Did anyone happen to catch this monster that was pulled on a box break? Check out box three at just past the 6-minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeVAZwpymCo&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1Cglw15M5xVUb2T72aoIpdxXJja3eVJsnHYuc1VJ4okxq-_QNsccEPP4s

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is bad to the bone! A book card 1/1. All aboard! Woo! Woooooooooo!

• Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugh stickers. I get this is a interesting card but stickers kill it for me.

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

How would you even put that in a protective holder/sleeve?

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steel75 said:

Beckett will slab booklets, that’s the route I went to protect mine. Ultra pro makes toploaders too

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

@80sOPC said:

Agree. Never could get on board with a sticker being signed and slapped on a card. It really can't be considered a autographed card. You could put a sticker auto on a banana for god's sake...

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@steel75 said:

Beckett will slab booklets, that’s the route I went to protect mine. Ultra pro makes toploaders too

Beckett has all kinds of cool holders - this one from Toppsvault is 9.5X13 and half inch thick.

The file copy with Rose must've gone for a bundle!

Mike
  • Options
    80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. These companies have books of sticker autos.

For me on card auto’s are about the player having card in hand and signing. The sticker to me is just weird.

@steel75 said:

@80sOPC said:

Agree. Never could get on board with a sticker being signed and slapped on a card. It really can't be considered a autographed card. You could put a sticker auto on a banana for god's sake...

• Options
    HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2019 4:52PM

Wow. That item rocks !!!

No, there are no ‘slabs’ or other that man up enough to make that thing fully presentable. And such a slab would need to be very presentable (like long and hard and wall worthy 😎)

Don’t get why anyone would keep it as is. Sticker autos do suck but still. I’d have to cut the binding off 😀 and frame the whole thing piece by piece in a matted frame.

Edited: Collecting autos from anywhere but in person is like Forrest Gumps box of chocolates. Yeah it’s like Babe Ruth signed the baseballs the friggin exact way all those times. Auto collecting is lunacy.