Home Precious Metals
Options

When leaving instructions to heirs...........

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

When leaving instructions to heirs...........
Is it safe to say that they should get the following prices when selling,

1/10 oz AGE's spot price
1 oz AGE's 98% of spot price

thanks

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2019 6:59PM

Why not? Then again they’ll end up doing whatever.... but making good recommendations does not hurt.

Hopefully, they’ll know at least the basics before one passes. Maybe a written (or video) “how-to” or recommend a good book on the subject as a reminder.

This has reminded me to update my “how-to’s” and “where-is-the...”

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

show them how to do an ebay "completed sales" search

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    show them how to do an ebay "completed sales" search

Even better yet, a "sold items" search auction only.

• Options

Do both.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never had this come up with bullion. As most of those who invest in metals tend to try and "teach" it to family members. I have coin clients that had me write out instructions of selling the collection if something were to happen to them. The list of instructions is a bit or than; Bring to Jason. Sell to Jason. Cash check.

Ebay is a start, however you need to explain the cost/risk/shipping of selling on such a site. IF your local B&M cant handle the amount of bullion you want to sell, or if you plan on out living your dealer. You might want to have a back up plan. Ebay would be a back up to the back up.

If a collection is sizable enough, and I can verify the individual. I have no trouble in traveling to buy estates. This is has always been with in a 3 hour drive.

Our current over the counter bids are a bit stronger than what you quoted.

1/10 AGE Spot +5%
    1 oz AGE 99% of Spot

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jinx86 said:

Our current over the counter bids are a bit stronger than what you quoted.

1/10 AGE Spot +5%
    1 oz AGE 99% of Spot

Question: Do you (using you as the forum proxy for a B&M dealer, hope you don't mind) care at all about PCGS/NGC graded bullion? Ie.... 69 same as raw but pay a little more for 70? Or, is all of it, to you, currently, viewed as 'raw' and spot prices and you go from there?

Talking about, primarily, AGEs (1/10, 1/4, 1/2. and 1oz inclusive).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

To me personally its all bullion, Im a rare coin guy though. I just happened to have industrial experience and know how to use/fix the equipment. That's how I ended up doing melts and assays when we had an employee retire.

There have been times when we have paid up for "better date" gold eagles in 69 and 70 grades as there is a good market for them. Its kind of a weird market, most dealers know whats better, few clients know. If the client doesnt know its better the dealer tries to maximize the profit like crazy. Its worse with these bullion pieces than rare coins.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

there getting neither on. theres just 3 words for them in the instructions ;)

• Options

WAGs

Sell it all.

Hands off ya’ll.

Do not touch.

I’m still alive.

It’s all mine.

No. No. No.

:D

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sell before you die, leave the cash instead. Way less hassle (and potential disappointment) for your family to deal with.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

I essentially agree with 3stars. I'll only keep my "Box of 20" for my visual pleasure (which I'd just tell them to consign to Legend or Heritage) and most of the bullion (unless there's a big upsurge/irresistible selling opportunity). There're three big bullion dealers locally that they can walk the stuff thru and pick the best price.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Heirs, take your time don't sell to a blood sucking coin dealer out to rip you off. Easy to get spot on 1oz AGE, 5% over on 1/10 all day long. More on both if you are willing to work a bit.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3stars said:
    Sell before you die, leave the cash instead. Way less hassle (and potential disappointment) for your family to deal with.

Let me know the day before I die, and I will do that. :D

Seriously, I am thinking the same thing as you.
    Boston MDCXXX

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would sell it while alive IMHO.
    Enjoy every day.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know you can't come back from the dead, right? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall