Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about interpretation of crossover verdict.....

I recently attempted to crossover a BGS 9.5 Gem Mint card with these grades(9.5 Centering, 9.5 Corners, 10 edges, 10 surface) into a PSA holder ....I got a minimum size requirement failure....... How would you interpret that ? Is the card trimmed? OR is it just a difference of opinion?

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's exactly what it says. PSA feels that the card is too small. NOT trimmed. my understanding is, If they thought it was trimmed they would have said "Altered Trimmed".

If you "need" it to be in a PSA holder you will have to send it in again or crack it out to be graded and hope for the best.

It's your call. I have had raw cards rejected by PSA pass the second time through the process. I haven't sent anything in for a crossover.

Care to share what card it is?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

So, if it doesn't cross, they keep it in the BGS holder?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ldferg said:

That is my understanding. They determine if the card meets your minimum grade requirement before they "crack it out".

If they don't think it will achieve desired grade they return it to you.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@ldferg said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@ldferg said:

That is my understanding. They determine if the card meets your minimum grade requirement before they "crack it out".

If they don't think it will achieve desired grade they return it to you.

You do have top choose a minimum grade for them not to crack it, otherwise they crack it before any authentication or grading is done. Had that been the case on this card (to not have a minimum grade), the submitter would have lost his 9.5 for a returned card in a card saver 1 marked minsizerq...