Jerry Jones Rookie?

Can anyone tell me why Jerry Jones is the only HOFer not to be listed in the NFL HOF Rookie Set Registry? He has a 95 Pacific card and a 2017 Panini but isnt listed in the Registry. Thanks for any input!

Comments

  • I requested the 1995 Crown Royale to be added to the HOF Players/Coaches/Admin Rookie Autograph set, but it was rejected as "not a mainstream issue", which doesn't make much sense. I suspect that if someone were to request the Panini card, they would add it, as they have done the same for other recent owner and contributor inductees. I think the Crown Royale is clearly what the market has identified as his rookie card, but without an official RC designation from Beckett there seems to be little chance of convincing PSA.

  • I would think Jerry Jones only fits the HOF Players/Coaches/Admin Rookie Autograph set. He does not fit the requirements of any of the other sets as he was not a player.

  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭✭

    Yes PSA needs to stop looking to Beckett for this. You are 100% correct the Crown Royale should fit the needs but since they have people over this that are collectors and really do not understand the hobby they have to use an outdated out of touch magazine to determine such things.

    They had no problem designating my Joe Horn a key RC because Beckett said so.

    But could not designate this a RC even though he had no cards any previous year and only one other card in 14 because Beckett did not find the time to designate it as a RC. So he has no RC for the Super Bowl MVP set. Brilliant.

    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • @Rocketman12 said:
    I requested the 1995 Crown Royale to be added to the HOF Players/Coaches/Admin Rookie Autograph set, but it was rejected as "not a mainstream issue", which doesn't make much sense. I suspect that if someone were to request the Panini card, they would add it, as they have done the same for other recent owner and contributor inductees. I think the Crown Royale is clearly what the market has identified as his rookie card, but without an official RC designation from Beckett there seems to be little chance of convincing PSA.

    I bumped them with another request to add the 1995 Pacific Crown Royale Jerry Jones to the HOF Players/Coaches/Admin Rookie Autograph set. Maybe if enough of us ask, they will give in.

  • Got a response today from Gayle Kean the PSA Set Registry Coordinator. Was told they will be sending out a poll as early as today on the 1995 Pacific Crown Royale Jerry Jones card. For those of us that have HOF Players/Coaches/Admin Rookie Autograph registry sets, please vote for it to be added.

  • Got the survey and voted yes. Thanks for your work on this, Soonerific!

  • FYI - I got Beckett to update that Malcolm Smith Topps card as his RC so I could include him in my Autographed USC All-Time Rookie Set. You should hit PSA up again, as they should accept it now.

    @rexvos said:
    Yes PSA needs to stop looking to Beckett for this. You are 100% correct the Crown Royale should fit the needs but since they have people over this that are collectors and really do not understand the hobby they have to use an outdated out of touch magazine to determine such things.

    They had no problem designating my Joe Horn a key RC because Beckett said so.

    But could not designate this a RC even though he had no cards any previous year and only one other card in 14 because Beckett did not find the time to designate it as a RC. So he has no RC for the Super Bowl MVP set. Brilliant.

  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @unclejake said:
    FYI - I got Beckett to update that Malcolm Smith Topps card as his RC so I could include him in my Autographed USC All-Time Rookie Set. You should hit PSA up again, as they should accept it now.

    @rexvos said:
    Yes PSA needs to stop looking to Beckett for this. You are 100% correct the Crown Royale should fit the needs but since they have people over this that are collectors and really do not understand the hobby they have to use an outdated out of touch magazine to determine such things.

    They had no problem designating my Joe Horn a key RC because Beckett said so.

    But could not designate this a RC even though he had no cards any previous year and only one other card in 14 because Beckett did not find the time to designate it as a RC. So he has no RC for the Super Bowl MVP set. Brilliant.

    @rexvos

    Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

    Also collecting: 1964 & 68 Venezuelan Topps, Patriots team HOFers, Andre Tippett, 1974 Topps Red Sox

  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭✭

    They will not let me request it again. I tried.

    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
Sign In or Register to comment.