trying to upload some pics

I have had no problem in the past posting pics, just copy and paste the URL.

I'm trying to select a few photos to post of my recent trip, and for some reason, can't copy and paste, as I can't seem to access the URL. I click and open the pic, after clicking the "attach image" icon on the bar above. It then begins a very tedious uploading process which is almost putting me to sleep.

Is this the only way I can upload these pics, or am I missing something? I'd really like to just copy and paste as I've done a hundred times in the past.

Tks!

Comments

  • stevekstevek Posts: 22,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Click "attach image" on the far right, then click "choose files", it should take you to the pictures section, then click the pic you want, then click "open", and it's done.

    Note that the pic isn't showing yet, but just a https, then you click "post comment" and the pic appears.

  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭

    Steve...that's exactly what I'm doing. The problem is that after I click "open", the file begins to slooowwwly upload. I'm trying to see if there's an easier way than going through the slow upload process. It takes 2-3 mins for the file to load.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 22,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You may have an older computer and perhaps a "memory problem" whereby it just takes longer to upload the pics for a variety of reasons.

    Even with a new computer, the memory is finite. If you have too many pics on there, it hogs the memory and slows down the computer. Best way to store a lot of pics that you don't want to delete, is with stick files or other means so that the computer's basic operation is as fast as possible.

    When i upload a pic to this CU forum, it's instantaneous. But I do have a newer computer with Windows 10 along with a high speed internet connection. and I keep the picture file on the computer as limited as possible.

  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

    its the stupid forum it doesn't force you to host the pics elsewhere it just refuses to display them. For me personally I can only upload pics stored on my computer never link

  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:
    You may have an older computer and perhaps a "memory problem" whereby it just takes longer to upload the pics for a variety of reasons.

    Even with a new computer, the memory is finite. If you have too many pics on there, it hogs the memory and slows down the computer. Best way to store a lot of pics that you don't want to delete, is with stick files or other means so that the computer's basic operation is as fast as possible.

    When i upload a pic to this CU forum, it's instantaneous. But I do have a newer computer with Windows 10 along with a high speed internet connection. and I keep the picture file on the computer as limited as possible.

    Why would it matter how many pics stored when you are only moving 1? Pics are stored on the C-drive not in memory.


    All Dimes All Varieties

    Coins for sale

    Canadian Dimes Set


    Washington Quarters All Varieties 32-64


    >RIP -image Rebecca 2004-2018...If love could have saved you - you would have lived forever<
  • arteeartee Posts: 51 ✭✭

    Yes, much more difficult than hyperlinked videos i have found.

    X____________________________
    Sign Here

  • stevekstevek Posts: 22,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @DIMEMAN said:

    @stevek said:
    You may have an older computer and perhaps a "memory problem" whereby it just takes longer to upload the pics for a variety of reasons.

    Even with a new computer, the memory is finite. If you have too many pics on there, it hogs the memory and slows down the computer. Best way to store a lot of pics that you don't want to delete, is with stick files or other means so that the computer's basic operation is as fast as possible.

    When i upload a pic to this CU forum, it's instantaneous. But I do have a newer computer with Windows 10 along with a high speed internet connection. and I keep the picture file on the computer as limited as possible.

    Why would it matter how many pics stored when you are only moving 1? Pics are stored on the C-drive not in memory.

    Maybe i used the word "memory" incorrectly.

    My understanding from many years ago is that a computer processes every pic to find that one pic. The computer doesn't see the one pic the way the human eye sees it. So when the computer is uploading one pic, it is actually processing all the pics at the same time.

    Perhaps my explanation isn't exactly right about how the computer works. However the advice still stands. Remove pics and it increases a computer's operating speed - that is a fact.

    I'm working on your other request to explain the meaning of life. I think it starts with coins and cards, but it could be something else. i'll get back to ya on that.

  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @stevek said:

    @DIMEMAN said:

    @stevek said:
    You may have an older computer and perhaps a "memory problem" whereby it just takes longer to upload the pics for a variety of reasons.

    Even with a new computer, the memory is finite. If you have too many pics on there, it hogs the memory and slows down the computer. Best way to store a lot of pics that you don't want to delete, is with stick files or other means so that the computer's basic operation is as fast as possible.

    When i upload a pic to this CU forum, it's instantaneous. But I do have a newer computer with Windows 10 along with a high speed internet connection. and I keep the picture file on the computer as limited as possible.

    Why would it matter how many pics stored when you are only moving 1? Pics are stored on the C-drive not in memory.

    Maybe i used the word "memory" incorrectly.

    My understanding from many years ago is that a computer processes every pic to find that one pic. The computer doesn't see the one pic the way the human eye sees it. So when the computer is uploading one pic, it is actually processing all the pics at the same time.

    Perhaps my explanation isn't exactly right about how the computer works. However the advice still stands. Remove pics and it increases a computer's operating speed - that is a fact.

    I'm working on your other request to explain the meaning of life. I think it starts with coins and cards, but it could be something else. i'll get back to ya on that.

    I think you are wrong on that Steve. When it ask you which file and you click on the one you want....it just processes that 1 pic. Not every pic.


    All Dimes All Varieties

    Coins for sale

    Canadian Dimes Set


    Washington Quarters All Varieties 32-64


    >RIP -image Rebecca 2004-2018...If love could have saved you - you would have lived forever<
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Just drag the pic from Windows Explorer (or whatever your equivalent is) and drop it in the Comment box here. Eazy peazy.

  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭✭✭


    Yep, still working fine. No links necessary.

  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭

    @LarkinCollector said:

    Yep, still working fine. No links necessary.

    Your method still finds me with a thin blue line at the top of the comment box, which creeps slowly along to upload the pic.
    What am I missing? I obviously eventually get the pic, but click and drag, then dropping it into the box just generates the slow upload process...unless of course this is the acceptable method. I would think, (which I've done many times in the past), click, drag, drop always worked as you describe.

  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The file size on each must be pretty large. You may have to shrink them to get them to upload faster. For online posting, I generally resize to where the longest side is ~600-1000 pixels using Photoscape's Batch Editor, but it's basic functionality that should be present in any photo editing software you're familiar with. Your photo above is 5,184px × 2,912px.

  • arteeartee Posts: 51 ✭✭

    Thank you LarkinCollector! :)

    X____________________________
    Sign Here

  • stevekstevek Posts: 22,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I recall the good old days, selling on Ebay back towards the turn of the century.

    I had an older computer and using dial-up. Took sometimes 5, 10, 15 minutes to upload a pic.

Sign In or Register to comment.