Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

SOLD - 1901 Barber Dime – PR66CAM PCGS w/CAC, PCGS Pop only 18, only 10 Finer

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 10, 2020 3:42PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

This coin is Blast White with blinding mirrors, and a ton of frost, with tremendous cameo contrast. There are marks/scratches on the HOLDER, especially on the reverse, but also on the obverse as well. The coin in hand is much nicer than the photos shown below.

Six years ago this coin was sold by Heritage, and they described it as "The pristine brilliant fields of this delightful Premium Gem contrast dramatically with the sharply detailed frosty design elements. Eye appeal is extraordinary." The buyer paid $2,173 including the BP.

David Lawrence Rare Coins describes this coin as "Frosty white surfaces with phenomenal eye appeal." They gave it their top score of 5 stars for Eye Appeal.

I am a collector, and not a dealer, but some may argue that point since I am offering this coin for sale to a wide audience.

I have available for sale this 1901 Barber Dime graded PR66CAM by PCGS, with a CAC.

I just upgraded this coin in my Registry Type Set.

1. There have been 30 graded PR66CAM (18 by PCGS, and 12 by NGC). Out of those 30, only 10 merit the coveted CAC sticker.
  2. The last 1901 PR66CAM PCGS w/CAC sold was just this past 10/24/2019 for $1,763. Before that, CoinFacts shows prior sales were this coin in August 2016 for $1,600, and the two before that sold for $2,174 and $3,173.
  3. There’s one 1901 PR66CAM Barber Dime with a CAC currently for sale on eBay for $3,251. There are two others currently on eBay but NEITHER of those are CAMEO, AND NEITHER of those has a CAC!!!!!! One is selling for $2,350 or Best offer, PLUS $20 shipping, and the other is selling for $1,535 or Best offer. As noted, neither has the Cameo designation, and neither has a CAC. One would think that at this price point, for a cost of only $15, they would each have been sent to CAC if they merited a sticker!!!!!!!
  4. Those that know Proof Barber Dimes recognize that while the 1901 date is not rare, it is indeed somewhat tougher than several much more common dates, and hence typically sells for somewhat more than those with a more common date. As such, I searched collectorscorner.com for a 1901 Proof Barber Dime. NONE are currently listed in ANY grade, whether graded by PCGS OR NGC, with the Cameo designation or not, with a CAC or not! NONE are currently listed as of the date of this recent edit!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE SEE MY TWO PHOTOS in the post BELOW mine. The coin in hand is much nicer than the photos!

My price is $1,575 via regular PayPal (no PP Gift Payments) and includes FedEx Priority Overnight shipping (expected delivery by 10:30 am next business day after shipped, but NOT guaranteed). However, if I have to ship to a P.O. Box, then I ship USPS Priority Mail, with 3 day estimated delivery time from when shipped. Due to the value, a signature will be required.

Terms: Full 7-day return privilege from when you receive the coin. I am so confident you will like this coin, that unlike many sellers, I will pay for the cost of return shipping if you don't like coin. All returns must use a prepaid return label that requires my signature that I will email you in the unlikely event you are unhappy.

I will only ship to a person in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address. I will email you the tracking number. We will provide each other with a valid email address.

Successful BST Transactions: UltraHighRelief; ChrisH821; D1no; willy; RonB; Shrub68.

Please message ANY questions. Thank you.
winesteven

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
Tagged:

Comments