1958 Topps Football Cello Pack Break from Just Rip It - Holy Moly

secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 6, 2019 4:50AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

**1958 Topps Football Cello Pack Break from Just Rip It

Start at 2:08:00 for the Psa 6 ripping.**

YOU WANT TO CHECK THIS OUT!

https://youtu.be/HSh1DSI6o0w?t=7680

CLICK THIS IF VIDEO WON'T LOAD - https://youtu.be/HSh1DSI6o0w?t=7680

If that isn't crazy enough, yesterday a PSA 4 pack was opened...

https://youtu.be/jwr8fcqHEw8?t=97

Comments

• That was great to watch. Thank you for posting!

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Video unavailable.

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:
    Video unavailable.

It isn't unavailable, just not viewable here and you must go to youtube.
    Click the link here - https://youtu.be/HSh1DSI6o0w?t=7680

edited September 6, 2019 4:49AM

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:
    That was great to watch. Thank you for posting!

No problem. When I saw it, I felt like I was watching history and had to share. Guy has so little followers I was pretty sure it would not get the notice of many collectors who would love to watch it. What a legendary pack. And to think, the day before magic had already happened. Unbelievable!

• Great to watch. The guy has few followers because he is known to rip bogus packs.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wow!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
    edited September 6, 2019 6:44AM

@gomezadams2 said:
    Great to watch. The guy has few followers because he is known to rip bogus packs.

In that case, thankfully these 58 packs were both PSA sealed. He does sell GAI packs sometimes, so I can understand your perspective based on his inexperience. Some of GAI's earlier graded packs may not be bogus, but you could always just stick with the psa graded packs listed.

It actually might make sense now why he verbally bashes re-sealers during his rips if he had been burnt or his customers had. During his show, he purposefully marks each piece of gum when he opens packs because he thinks re-sealers search garbage cans for gum...LOL

• Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing. That's just a great set.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • @secretstash said:

@gomezadams2 said:
    Great to watch. The guy has few followers because he is known to rip bogus packs.

In that case, thankfully these 58 packs were both PSA sealed. He does sell GAI packs sometimes, so I can understand your perspective based on his inexperience. Some of GAI's earlier graded packs may not be bogus, but you could always just stick with the psa graded packs listed.

He's been notified more than once, but doesnt seem to care. Just for the record, There are also a lot of bogus PSA graded packs too. They were slabbed way back before folks knew about Topps correlations on racks and cellos

• spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

Anybody else bothered with him pouring a drink so close to the cards? That would have gave me a heart attack if that was my card.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2019 9:33AM

Watching him crack that PSA case was wild. He put on the goggles, broke out the tools, and went to work. I fully expected to see Al Borland come out to assist him. Very entertaining video.

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

So I guess there is no sequencing on the '58 cellos? I have opened several of these and never sifted a JB. Did get a Unitas one time but was way off-center.

• jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:
    So I guess there is no sequencing on the '58 cellos? I have opened several of these and never sifted a JB. Did get a Unitas one time but was way off-center.

Yes there is sequencing for 58 cellos and for the record Unitas and both Jim Browns were 1 card sequences 😯

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:

There is most definitely a sequence to 1958 cellos, but it's never a 100% sure bet.

With these 2 packs, the first one had no signs of normal sequencing, where as the second one was almost perfectly sequenced.

Both are probably legit, since why would any resealer put a Jimmy in a pack or a Unitas for that matter!

Overall pretty lucky turnout for them, 2 for 2. One from a non-sequenced pack and one from there being an extra card!

I too have opened many of these myself without pulling a Jimmy.

edited September 6, 2019 4:52PM

@jmoran19 said:

@ElvisP said:

Yes there is sequencing for 58 cellos and for the record Unitas and both Jim Browns were 1 card sequences 😯

What exactly is a 1 card sequence?

• jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2019 5:46PM

@secretstash said:

@jmoran19 said:

@ElvisP said:

What exactly is a 1 card sequence?

The card in ?? Doesn’t follow the sequence of the card before it or after it. 1958 cellos usually have 2 groups of 6 cards (think 2 wax packs) and 2 different sequences are known

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

The top 7 cards had one card wrong in its sequence, the Unitas. Replace that card with the correct one and the pack would have had perfect sequencing despite having an extra card. Having one card out of place in a sequence is common as well as a complete shift of the sequence.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watched this yesterday.

Incredible cello.

The Unitas looks great.

Mike
  • SO awesome to watch. Thanks for posting and very refreshing to see a magical legitimate pack at a time when the hobby could really use a morale boost.

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭

Curious.

Any chance someone could fake a rip like this to try to get attention to their site? I could totally see someone doing this after the success Vintage Breaks had with the 55 Mantle.

@ArtVandelay said:
    Curious.

Any chance someone could fake a rip like this to try to get attention to their site? I could totally see someone doing this after the success Vintage Breaks had with the 55 Mantle.

Both of these packs were PSA graded and cracked during a live youtube stream, so I highly doubt it.