Matt Blair cards and sets

Should I understand there are no Matt Blair Basic or Master sets? Also I looked in a few Viking sets and he's not in them either. I guess I should figure no Iowa State players in PSA.

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was a VERY good player!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you have 5 PSA graded Blair cards, you can request a master set. They don’t just create sets, somebody needs to request them.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting: 1964 & 68 Venezuelan Topps, Patriots team HOFers, Andre Tippett, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• OK, guess I will start looking for some. Thanks for all your help.

• recbballrecbball Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

Yep. One of the fella's who time has kinda forgotten. He was a kick block master among other talents. Hall of Fame has worse LB's than Blair inducted now.

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more. "

@hyperchipper09 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Yep. One of the fella's who time has kinda forgotten. He was a kick block master among other talents. Hall of Fame has worse LB's than Blair inducted now.

If I remember correctly he came into the league about the same time as Fred McNeill. Fred was a first round pick and was a solid player, but Matt, a second rounder, was a superior player in all phases of the game!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • He was sure fun to watch at Iowa State. One thing i did enjoy, I had to go down to the bookstore to get a book prof wanted us to read. Here came Matt walking his dog, a big Doberman. I had a smile, they were a pair.

As a player Matt was kind of like a big Doberman! ;-)

• I agree Joe.

• estangestang Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭

He sure could block kicks. #3 all-time in the NFL.

I would put Matt Blair as a 1st team starter on the all-time Vikings team.

Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • I didn't know this estang, thanks for sharing. Oh, if anyone would come across any Blair cards, maybe say a 9 for sure or a 10. Lot depends on pricing for me and if they're well-centered front AND back. Message me if anyone finds any.