Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Super Bowl MVP Set

rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

So they added the 2009 Ultimate Julian Edelman as the RC needed for him. There are only /399 copies. Who requested this? I thought the rule is that there had to be /999 or more for key RC sets. How can I get this changed?

Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

The Registry crew stopped verifying correct/incorrect cards years ago..I just don't think they care at this point...You can complain to them about it, but best of luck getting it changed now...Basically the only defense you have is a good offense..Beat the fools to the punch by requesting the correct cards before anyone else requests the wrong ones...Sad really whats become of it..

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2019 8:37AM

I would guess it is this guy since he is the only person at 100%:

https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/football/key-card-sets/super-bowl-mvps/publishedset/15557

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wells Collection is near the top in a lot of football registries.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

Rexvos and I were just discussing Malcolm Smith’s exclusion from this registry set. His 2014 Topps should absolutely be included!

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    Rexvos and I were just discussing Malcolm Smith’s exclusion from this registry set. His 2014 Topps should absolutely be included!

Yeah they said that my 2014 Topps (first year cards were issued of him and 1 of only 2 sets to include him) was not an official rookie card according to Beckett and not allowed.

I really think someone like Jasp should run each football set for what cards are allowed in and which player since he has the knowledge and unless something has changed is no longer collecting so he will not be swayed by whether he has the card or not.

they are saying that Malcolm Smith does not have a rookie card but he just does not have a card made of him his rookie year, like several people including Joe Montana. Really if you do not have enough knowledge about the hobby to know basic things like this you have no business making any decisions about the registry. Card in question

• JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭

@rexvos said:

@DBesse27 said:

Yeah they said that my 2014 Topps (first year cards were issued of him and 1 of only 2 sets to include him) was not an official rookie card according to Beckett and not allowed.

I really think someone like Jasp should run each football set for what cards are allowed in and which player since he has the knowledge and unless something has changed is no longer collecting so he will not be swayed by whether he has the card or not.

I did that for many years with Cosetta at PSA...But after she got promoted, the folks who took over simply weren't interested in my help..And acted annoyed and dismissive anytime I tried to make a correction or assist...Combine that with the fact that I don't collect graded cards anymore and it was a fruitless exercise. Unfortunate, but it is what it is fellas. Keep trying to fight the good fight, but not sure the HOF and Key Card sets are savable in our eyes...On the other hand, some collectors love the inclusiveness of the multitude of new sets even if they don't make logical sense..

I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.

I collect the Patriots team HOF RCs and one day i’ll need an Edelman. I hope by then they’ve got the right card for him!

Yaz Master Set

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭

@JasP24 said:
    The Registry crew stopped verifying correct/incorrect cards years ago..I just don't think they care at this point...You can complain to them about it, but best of luck getting it changed now...Basically the only defense you have is a good offense..Beat the fools to the punch by requesting the correct cards before anyone else requests the wrong ones...Sad really whats become of it..

I could not have said any of this better myself. Agree 100%. Once the step to have the PLAYER voted on first and then the CARD was lost, all heck broke loose. The set registry has become a sea of inconsistency and head-scratching additions. I try to look on the bright side. When the correct card is not chosen for a set, it helps to keep the value down if you need to buy it. I've also been thinking more and more about building my own website for my collection, which would eliminate the urge/temptation to buy the wrong card just to fill a spot.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

@shagrotn77 said:

@JasP24 said:

I could not have said any of this better myself. Agree 100%. Once the step to have the PLAYER voted on first and then the CARD was lost, all heck broke loose. The set registry has become a sea of inconsistency and head-scratching additions. I try to look on the bright side. When the correct card is not chosen for a set, it helps to keep the value down if you need to buy it. I've also been thinking more and more about building my own website for my collection, which would eliminate the urge/temptation to buy the wrong card just to fill a spot.

I just have been doing Showcases since I do not agree with the choices being made on several cards

• shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,562 ✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:

@shagrotn77 said:

@JasP24 said:

I just have been doing Showcases since I do not agree with the choices being made on several cards

Nice. I have several showcases myself.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

@shagrotn77 said:

@rexvos said:

@shagrotn77 said:

@JasP24 said:

Me too.

Yaz Master Set

• dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@shagrotn77 said:

@rexvos said:

@shagrotn77 said:

@JasP24 said:

Me too.

I have been doing the samething as well.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.