Home Q & A Forum
Options

1970-D Washington - DDO?

Virginia Beach, VA
Collector, Buyer, Seller, Licensed Dealer
U.S. Silver & Gold coins, Foreign Coins, Bullion, Mint/Proof Sets, Currency, Antiques, Collectibles

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are three of the known DDOs:

http://varietyvista.com/09b WQ Vol 2/DDOs 1970-D.htm

• Options

Oh well....I picked up a roll today with this ender so turned out a success regardless

Virginia Beach, VA
    U.S. Silver & Gold coins, Foreign Coins, Bullion, Mint/Proof Sets, Currency, Antiques, Collectibles

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two questions; first is the most important. What do you see on the coin you posted that made you think it is a Doubled Die? Do you have a copy of the Cherrypickers Guide?

• Options

@Insider2 said:
    Two questions; first is the most important. What do you see on the coin you posted that made you think it is a Doubled Die? Do you have a copy of the Cherrypickers Guide?

Here's a question for you: Do you get some sort of thrill from replying to posts here in a condescending way in some sort of attempt to feel superior to others you feel are inferior?

Virginia Beach, VA

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@va_resellers said:

@Insider2 said:

Here's a question for you: Do you get some sort of thrill from replying to posts here in a condescending way in some sort of attempt to feel superior to others you feel are inferior?

I get a THRILL out of teaching folks things I was taught by other numismatists who cared enough to share their knowledge with me. At one time, all of them were "superior" to me yet I NEVER FELT inferior to any of them. The proof that they were excellent teachers is born out by the fact that over time, due to their instruction, our rolls switched for many of them!

Their method, which I adopted and tried several times on you, was to draw folks out with questions to guide them. By doing this, much of the time, a "student" will teach themselves! Unfortunately, you have demonstrated that you are not ready to learn by that method and feel insulted. Additionally, since you cannot even identify what you saw on the coin to think it is doubled in any way, I consider you to be beyond my help. I consider myself a failure to you and I really hate that! :(

PS Get a copy of the Cherrypickers Guide? Read the part about doubled dies. Goodbye, and best of luck to you.

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bummer, insIder2 is a heck of a resource. I learned a lot from reading his columns in Numismatic News over the years.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I appreciate @Insider2 and he represents us well here. The coin you showed gives the impression that you're either guessing or haven't cracked a reference book or worse. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

I'll do you gents a solid and remove myself from the forum....I'd rather rely on local people I trust or another forum that doesn't have the level of arrogance of ppl like Insider. Happy Trails and Happy A$$ Smooching!

Virginia Beach, VA

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2019 2:38PM

FWIW.

Good find on the ATB Lowell W quarter.

Also, IMO, you have many more expert/experienced people willing to help others as compared to other sites.

There is tons of information buried in these threads.

Good luck!

Edit to fix my previously incomprehensible paragraph.

• Options
    CoinNoviceCoinNovice Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

Talk about a Re-seller that doesn't take advice well!
    such a shame you cant learn from these situations
    considering there is a lot to learn here.

Good Luck!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@va_resellers said:
    I'll do you gents a solid and remove myself from the forum....I'd rather rely on local people I trust or another forum that doesn't have the level of arrogance of ppl like Insider. Happy Trails and Happy A$$ Smooching!

What the other forums won't have is the level of experience of people here.

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

"To thy own self be true"
    Sounds pretty stuck up, if thats your outlook of that statement.
    My veiw is , I have to live with myself and defend my respect of my ethics.