Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question on a return $3k+

I have a question about a return. I purchased an item over 3k, and it's snad. The seller sent it overnight fedex with signature confirmation which was great. So now on my side, I spoke to him and said I would be returning this on Tuesday since Monday is labor day and he said it's not a problem and would issue a full refund.

If I file an SNAD, wouldn't it just generate me a generic usps return postage label? Obviously, I wouldn't want to use it. I need something with signature confirmation to return this. If I purchase my own and do fedex overnight with signature confirmation, can I edit the whole return for carrier and tracking # for that case? Anyone experience something like this? Any suggestion or help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

High value will auto generate USPS signature confirmation. Why returning? Counterfeit raw? Trimmed?

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

I don't think it is going to give you free shipping and a label 99% of the time anyway anymore so this shouldn't be an issue. Do what you have to do once eBay has confirmed you are going to be returning the item and then you should be able to upload the tracking info for eBay.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019 5:43PM

When Ebay generates the label it will automatically require signature confirmation. So you should have no problems with the return if you file it as item sold not as described. The amount of the return requires signature confirmation. That has been my experience.

• Options
    _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

@JBrules said:
    When Ebay generates the label it will automatically require signature confirmation. So you should have no problems with the return if you file it as item sold not as described. The amount of the return requires signature confirmation. That has been my experience.

This is what I was hoping for and did not know this, so thank you.