Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another All Star Sub Set Completed 1958 Topps

jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

At the request of another member I am posting scans of my newly completed 1958 Topps All Star subset. I just received the PSA 9 Turley today to finish the set. With the completion of this one I now have all of the All Star subsets from the 50s and 60s in PSA 8 or higher.
James

Comments

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

Great cards James on some very difficult '58 cards to find with decent centering.

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭

Beautiful! I love the subsets in the 50s and 60s sets.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2019 2:22PM

Thanks for posting! Love seeing the entire set together - and like that Topps alternated leagues when they numbered them. Your cards are all really nice for the grade.

‘58 All-Stars have long been one of my favorites. It is the only AS set that features Williams so is probably the most affordable way to get one of his cards as a player. Having Musial and Williams in it makes it a better collection of players in my opinion than the sets in the 60s. Congrats on completing it.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful. Persistence pays off.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice James.

Mike
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!! Great accomplishment for some tough subsets.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

I have been collecting these sets, although PSA 5-7 is good enough for me. I have most of the 1980's, half of the 1970's, and some 1950's and 1960's. Any advice on where to find these cards?

Casey Barker
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

A great group. Have always liked the subsets. Especially the World Series recap cards.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding. I am trying to do the same and i am one card short. The Mays card has been very elusive to me. What was your most difficult card to obtain from the set?