Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My latest Honus Wagner Pickup! The Candy T206 Wagner

mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

Extremely pumped! I created a graphic for it to show it off and describe what it is for those who don't know. Super excited! It just came in today This card has fascinated me ever since I first learned of it. I was just shocked at how relatively affordable (and unknown) it is - especially compared to how similar it is (in looks, age and rarity) to the world's most famous baseball card ever.

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks to you I will be heading to my local convenience store later to get a pack of tropical Skittles. Nice pickup.

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! Where’s the back? 1 seems wrong just looking at the front, with just that minor bit of enamel loss near the bottom right corner.

• Options
    edited August 27, 2019 4:14PM

This is my T206 Wagner. If interested in a trade, just PM me .

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

That is super cool! Nice!

• Options
    Billyk97Billyk97 Posts: 42 ✭✭✭

Looks like it was trimmed, but I am sure someone will trade with you!> @doubledragon said:

• Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

Mouschi They look like twins :D

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Tanner.

Mike
  • Options
    Air23GOATAir23GOAT Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

I never knew about this card. A card from a time when smiling for a photograph was unheard of.

I'm all about that Jordan stuff. Cards, stickers, posters & whatever else is cool. The rarer the better. And always in a PSA 10 if I can help it.
    Any other big Jordan nuts out there let me know.

• Options

I can't stop looking at it. I love the color of it. Really cool looking.

• Options

@SeattleSlammer said:
    Very nice! Where’s the back? 1 seems wrong just looking at the front, with just that minor bit of enamel loss near the bottom right corner.

Thanks! It has some paper loss on the back - that is my favorite type of card damage on cards like this :) There is no enamel loss on the front - just a wrinkle :)

@doubledragon said:
    I can't stop looking at it. I love the color of it. Really cool looking.

Right?! Thanks! I also have the E102 (it was my first Wags) - I love it moreso now because it is like it matches it really nicely. It is my favorite "action" Wagner card by a country mile.

@Air23GOAT said:
    I never knew about this card. A card from a time when smiling for a photograph was unheard of.

So strange, huh? Perhaps I'll give him a smile in photoshop later :D

@Stone193 said:
    Congratulations Tanner.

Thanks brother!

@FINESTKIND said:
    Mouschi They look like twins :D

Haha yes! One good, one evil, lol.

@MattTheRiley said:
    That is super cool! Nice!

Thanks!

@doubledragon said:

I actually LOVE that so much...thanks for sharing!

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • Options
    Air23GOATAir23GOAT Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

If it's basically the same card i.e. scarcity, design, year, then why the big difference in price? Maybe in the future people will catch on.

I'm all about that Jordan stuff. Cards, stickers, posters & whatever else is cool. The rarer the better. And always in a PSA 10 if I can help it.
    Any other big Jordan nuts out there let me know.

• Options
    Halos2002Halos2002 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Awesome! Nice pickup!!!

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s a PSA 2 on eBay now for 10k.

Does seem like a steal all things considered doesn’t it? ......this Wagner in 2 for 10k......or a modern player sparkle card in 10 ! haha

• Options

@SeattleSlammer said:
    There’s a PSA 2 on eBay now for 10k.

Does seem like a steal all things considered doesn’t it? ......this Wagner in 2 for 10k......or a modern player sparkle card in 10 ! haha

LOL agreed 100%!

@Halos2002 said:
    Awesome! Nice pickup!!!

Thanks!

@Air23GOAT said:
    If it's basically the same card i.e. scarcity, design, year, then why the big difference in price? Maybe in the future people will catch on.

That is a head scratcher for me as well, to an extent, and I agree, I don't think this card has anywhere to go but up. The T206 Wags has a few things going for it:

• Controversy. We all know the story about him wanting it to be pulled, so this kind of makes it the grand daddy of "whoops" cards that shouldn't have circulated.
    • History. The T206 Wagner has been firmly planted for decades as the #1 thing on cardboard, ever. There are other super awesome cards, but in this multi-multi-multi million dollar industry/hobby, this one sits at the top.
    • Set. EVERYONE knows T206 and there are tons of T206 collectors. No one knows what the E90-2 is ... yet at least LOL!