Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I wanted to buy this coin from APMEX but when I asked them if I would bet the coin as pictured......

BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

....... this is what they said:

Thank you for contacting APMEX. Due to our large inventory and typically having multiples of a listing, we use stock photos taken by our photography team. The item you receive will match the quality of the coin seen in the image. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day!

APMEX Customer Service

This is the coin I was interested in buying.......

An exceptionally nice 1915 nickel slabbed by ngc as ms65, Has anyone ordered a coin from them and found that they
did the old switcher-oo on the coin you got? If I had ordered this coin bet I would have gotten one not as nice. In fact
the one pictured here is an exceptionally nice one for the grade. How can these guys get away with this?

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been discussed here before.

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

How would like to work in their 'incoming' returns department ?

• Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2019 6:59AM

One of my coins was being offered on their site.
    I told them to stop it and they basically said "public property"

They have a nice Hansen coin for sale there right now. :D:D:D That is still in his set.

Like Smudge said...Bullion only

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ha, I've had that one on my watch list for a while... I guess I should remove it

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to be listing this today on ebay in a PCGS 64 holder!

• Options
    ACopACop Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2019 8:23AM

APMEX is a fraudulent coin dealer. Dont get me started. And dont get the APMEX shills on the board started that think its OK to sell mis-represented coins to others just because they save 1% on their useless bullion.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

How effen hard is it to LOOK and see if the coin for sale is THAT coin? JEEZE LOUISE!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would buy from APMEX if I could get the coins they show pictured in their auctions. I can't so I don't. it is nothing more than a sophisticated, internet bait-and-switch.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had a couple interactions with APMEX and have had good results by calling ahead to ensure that the coin portrayed was the coin I would get...so far so good. No complaints.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apmex seems to control Ebay now.

I go to MCM for bullion.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27, 2019 12:53PM

APMEX has about the same reputation that GSC has. The only difference is that I can see is APMEX uses stock photos. 😂

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
This discussion has been closed.