Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1990's Inserts

The 90's had the explosion of inserts, subsets, chase cards, numbered cards etc. 90's basketball inserts are on fire and have been for a few years. Especially Jordan. Does anyone think that some of the 90's inserts for baseball or football will every catch fire?

Comments

• Options
    Time4aGansettTime4aGansett Posts: 382 ✭✭✭

Some already have with player collectors. And not just the star players either.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember when the 92F Team Leader Bkb cards were on fire - especially the Jordan.

Wish that would spill over to BB - I've got a bunch of rack packs.

Mike
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

In defense of football, the 1990’s baseball inserts were generally much nicer than football.

The Star FB inserts sell well but not at the same level as BB.

Mike
  • Options
    pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Yea, Ripken, Griffey, Jeter, and other stars for sure sell well. I remember Will Clark cards had a huge following and some of his cards went for dizzying amounts.

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

These Old things???

• Options

Oh wow, those are soooo awesome. I know not everyone likes the "shiny" inserts, but this was when I was collecting. Plus Griffey!! I still need to get his auto

• Options

:)

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

@phelda said:
    The 90's had the explosion of inserts, subsets, chase cards, numbered cards etc. 90's basketball inserts are on fire and have been for a few years. Especially Jordan. Does anyone think that some of the 90's inserts for baseball or football will every catch fire?

I think both will grow at some point. Lots of stars and interest in collectibles seems to be growing. NFL is still #1 professional sport with viewers, so I feel positive.

• Options

Griffey has one of the best signatures. Some of these athletes now put 2 letters or a single line, I have no idea what they wrote. Should I expect to pay over a hundred for a Griffey auto still?

• Options
    edited September 2, 2019 7:30AM

you can prolly get something for 100 or a bit less, but for the nice ones.................