Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What Grade would you give??

I dont have many graded cards so I need to know if this one is worth it. Any advice is helpful.

Comments

• Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never grade game used stuff. The corners are almost inherently bad. They kinda seem out of place in a slab to me. Just my opinion.

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

I think in order to provide a good assessment, it starts with providing really high-quality photos that clearly show the corners as well as surface and edges (both sides). Also a description of anything that cannot be photographed properly -- such as a scuff you can see with the naked eye, but it does not show in the picture.

• Options
    MoonmanMoonman Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Ok well thanks anyway. It seems funny to me that these are the cards they want us to chase but then end up being lower quality in the end. I dont have a camera, I took these with my phone. But I do see what you mean about getting game used stuff graded. This card as far as I can see is in perfect shape but again, I dont have a lot of graded cards and , I dont know how much scrutiny they put them under. Thanks for the Thoughts guys I think im gonna keep it as is

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are patch cards even worth grading? I thought just the Auto’ed ones were. Legit question I don’t own any modern stuff

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Single player patch items have no value. The only exception is if the patch is unique.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the most part I hate patch/jersey cards but honestly, this is kind of cool. I would send it in a bulk submission. For $8 it's in a holder and protected, regardless of the grade.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    MoonmanMoonman Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Single player patch items have no value. The only exception is if the patch is unique.

Agreed from a $$ point of view .But I remember when these cards first came out and from a collectors point of view I thought these were the coolest cards ever. Now they are so common, that's exactly what they have become. I am a collector and rarely sell any cards so from that viewpoint I still love them.

• Options
    pheldaphelda Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

"Single player patch items have no value." No way. A Jordan patch card sold for $10,000 (non-auto), another for $6,700, another for $3,500, etc. A LeBron for $3,500, $1,525, and others sell for $1,000. Griffey UD $600, Trout $690, basic jersey cards go $200-$300 for Trout.

Obviously a bulk junk common player can be had for a $1, but for stars, even just plain patch/jersey cards there is definitely value.