Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2018 Topps Series 2 blasters

Was in a store today that had blasters of 2018 Topps series 2 on the shelf. Are they worth picking up at $15 each? I think there were three there.

Comments

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy them.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2019 11:59AM

I don’t want to hijack BK’s thread but I have a question for the modern BB collectors as well. I was at a show and saw 2012 Topps Chrome BB Hobby Boxes at $300 - $350 each. I was surprised they were that high but saw that D&A also had them near $350. I didn’t see any completed sales on ebay or watchcount so I don’t a sale to reference. I see the Trouts and Harpers go for big bucks, but these aren’t their rookies? Right?

Is that why the boxes are that expensive? Was 2012 short printed? Thanks

Mike
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2019 1:20PM

Yes, buy them. A chance at Acuna and Torres SP's.

Worth the chance, and Topps Flagship is a fun rip, IMHO.

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/2018-topps-series-2-baseball-mlb-cards

• Options
    wadevlwadevl Posts: 224 ✭✭✭

Harpers Rooke, Not Trouts, but his second year still sells well

@ndleo said:
    I don’t want to hijack BK’s thread but I have a question for the modern BB collectors as well. I was at a show and saw 2012 Topps Chrome BB Hobby Boxes at $300 - $350 each. I was surprised they were that high but saw that D&A also had them near $350. I didn’t see any completed sales on ebay or watchcount so I don’t a sale to reference. I see the Trouts and Harpers go for big bucks, but these aren’t their rookies? Right?

Is that why the boxes are that expensive? Was 2012 short printed? Thanks

Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
    https://www.ebay.com/str/bigleagueseller
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Wadevl. The auto checklist looks stacked with Harper, Trout, Griffey, and Pujols. Plus the two autos per box is nice. Is this really a $300+ box? I also saw retail for a lot cheaper. This product intrigued me, is it worth it?

Mike