Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Sports memorabilia

Is Sportsmemorabilia.com a legit website to order from?

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are thinking of making a purchase from them, then google it first, and see what kind of reviews they have gotten. Also see if they are accredited by the Better Business Bureau.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 23, 2019 7:22AM

I just looked at their web - they have some really nice stuff.

Didn't check who authenticates for them?

But, my overall - quick impression? Too expensive.

E.g. and specific to my collection:

I picked up this statue for around $200 from Hunt Auctions:

Mike
  • kobefan1kobefan1 Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Thanks I'm asking bc I placed an order throw fansedge.com which I think fanatics owns and I got an e-mail from someone name JJ molesso who asked if I need any more auotgraphed and when I told him what ones he sent me a link to diff baseball but it takes me to Sportsmemorabilia.com

wow that a nice joe dimaggio autographed Gartlan Figurine how manny yrs ago was that?

• georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭

Sportsmemoribilia.com is part of Fanatics. Once you have ordered either a specific items or spent a certain amount, you get assigned to a salesperson. This has helped during Xmas season.

thank you so much for your help.

edited August 23, 2019 1:17PM

@kobefan1 said:
    wow that a nice joe dimaggio autographed Gartlan Figurine how manny yrs ago was that?

Thanx.

Hunt has a crappy system - it was under this "linked" record date:

Mike
  • Parkerplenty123Parkerplenty123 Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    I just looked at their web - they have some really nice stuff.

Didn't check who authenticates for them?

But, my overall - quick impression? Too expensive.

E.g. and specific to my collection:

I picked up this statue for around $200 from Hunt Auctions:

Stone193! That was a great deal for that Dimaggio piece, especially with an autograph too! Thanks for the heads up about Hunt Auctions. I never heard of them.

• slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

Mike, it seems you stole that Dimaggio statue if it is autographed by him. His autographs went for more than that when he was alive and signing.

Steve

@slum22 said:
    Mike, it seems you stole that Dimaggio statue if it is autographed by him. His autographs went for more than that when he was alive and signing.

Ya know Steve?

These can go for all kinds of money.

People on eBay may ask 4 or 500 but if you look at auction prices over the past few years?

They're going in the 2 to 300 give or take a few quid. At least that's my experience.

I believe most of the Gartlan products were released in the 80s - can't remember what they went for?

My take on collectibles - not cards - patience is a virtue.

I like waiting for the right price - it's a real challenge.

Mike
  • GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    1. Get great deal on rare collectible
    2. Tell everyone on public forum that other examples of that collectible are priced too high and to wait and shop around
    3. Profit???

Stone, not sure you get how the buyers group is supposed to work, but sure do appreciate your transparency and willingness to help other collectors