Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FA on Great Collections, my clipped 1909-S VDB cent NGC MS64RB

I was able to replace this coin in my date set with a nice raw VF, it always bothered me to have the one coin in a holder and everything else in an album. GC has it listed with no premium for the error, I think it is a steal at the opening bid.

I know of about a half dozen of these in various grades, this is by far the nicest one I've seen. Auction closes Sunday, Sept 1.

Link to auction

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Comments

• Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

This closes Sunday night, potentially a great buy for an error collector. Link to the auction is in the first post.

Sean Reynolds

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options

TTT. Did not sell the first time so it is running again, ends Sunday, Sept 15. Please give a look, it is a beautiful example of the date even if you discount the clip entirely.

Sean

• Options

Good news (for me, anyway), there is a bidder on this coin. Raise your paddle between now and Sunday, as this coin is definitely finding a new home.

Here are a couple of pics of the coin, if you needed any more reasons beyond my ringing endorsement to place a bid. It's an attractive example even if you dislike errors:

Sean Reynolds

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with the sale.
    Boston MDCXXX

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

Figured one more bump couldn't hurt. Auction closes Sunday evening, there is a bid so the coin will definitely sell. See my post in the US Coin forum for an idea how hot error coins are right now.

Sean Reynolds

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe you should have listed it with Heratige? It might have seen more action?

• Options

@MattTheRiley said:

Hard to do a one coin consignment, and I had heard great things about GC and wanted to give them a try.

Sean Reynolds

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@seanq said:

@MattTheRiley said:

Hard to do a one coin consignment, and I had heard great things about GC and wanted to give them a try.

Sean Reynolds

That is true. I've heard nothing but good things about GC, as well. As long as your coin sells for your reserve price, I guess you can't be too disappointed! Congrats on the sale!

• Options

Closes tonight, I’m going to have to pick out a new icon when this sells.

Sean Reynolds

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck and nice down grade which I guess only took slightly over a decade to find?

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the sale $1700 with 3 bids!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics