Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

A nice coin from Liechtenstein

So yeah, got this one recently, a Liechtenstein 1904 1 krone. I'd say it's pretty good.

Tagged:

Comments

• PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

Welcome to the boards. Here's one of mine ...

I really need to get a better picture of it, it's a great looking coin (as is yours).

• neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zimm - I like the coin. I should warn you that it does have the look of having been dipped. It's completely white, has slightly rough surfaces and doesn't show any cartwheel effect in the photos. That's often the look you get when coins have been stripped of their toning. Sometimes coins can look that way in photos if the lighting itself is off. In the off chance you are still fairly new to coin collecting, that's always something to look out for.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome...

And this is an underappreciated country in terms of numismatic interest and even rarity. While this coin may have survived a dip, it did survive and looks good considering what did survive. These smaller coins in the one Franc.. one Mark denominations from whatever country seem to be one of the most underappreciated segment of the European coin market.

And to add this coin has aterrific design . This exemplifies why we collect.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• ZimmZimm Posts: 3
    edited August 23, 2019 12:59PM

@neildrobertson said:
    Zimm - I like the coin. I should warn you that it does have the look of having been dipped. It's completely white, has slightly rough surfaces and doesn't show any cartwheel effect in the photos. That's often the look you get when coins have been stripped of their toning. Sometimes coins can look that way in photos if the lighting itself is off. In the off chance you are still fairly new to coin collecting, that's always something to look out for.

That's what I feared as well. I can provide better pictures later as I'm not home yet. The pictures were taken in ideal lighting so that it looks shiny. The coin actually has some cartwheeling and it has a considerable amount of dirt on some parts of it.

• ZimmZimm Posts: 3
    edited August 23, 2019 1:25PM

These two pictures should show all the dirt and imperfections as it was taken under the worst lighting I can get right now. Also sorry, I'm new to picturing coins so I'm not sure how to take a good picture of the cartwheeling.

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

👍

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put on some white gloves so you can get the coin out of the holder and experiment with different lighting angles. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52