Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA Charges

Hi All, So I have a question to throw out there since I have never sent something into PSA. I recently acquired from my brothers estate several hundred cards from the 50's and 60's. majority well cared for with nice square corners since he has had them in plastic sleeves for some time. My question is what will it cost to send off 200 cards of HOF or All Star or Pro Bowl caliber players, and will I ever recoup the initial investment? Or am I better off to sell them to a retailer who will put forth that capital expenditure?

Comments

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the declared value doesn't exceed $100 for any one card, you can submit them bulk for $8 per. Minimum qty to get bulk rate is 100 cards. Judging by the photo, some of the cards are off center and some look to have corner damage. They appear to be in EX to EX-MT condition. You would probably be better off seeing if Greg Morris will sell the star players on consignment. He'll auction them individually and gets good prices for raw cards.

• Options
    _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

+1 for Willie Wood!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gemint said:
    If the declared value doesn't exceed $100 for any one card, you can submit them bulk for $8 per. Minimum qty to get bulk rate is 100 cards. Judging by the photo, some of the cards are off center and some look to have corner damage. They appear to be in EX to EX-MT condition. You would probably be better off seeing if Greg Morris will sell the star players on consignment. He'll auction them individually and gets good prices for raw cards.

My condolences on your brother's passing.

The above is one excellent suggestion.

If you want to have some "fun" (if you have a little time), separate the cards so that you have just the rookies (first card issued) and HOFers, and look them up on ebay under "completed listings" compare your cards to ones sold in similar condition after PSA grading. STAY WITH PSA! It will be a little tedious at first, but once you get the hang of it, it will go quickly.

Most "All-Star" players will not be worth a lot unless they are in PSA 8 condition or better and that is a very sharp card. There are some exceptions.

After this, you might want to purchase a PSA membership, it comes with "free" vouchers to get some of your cards graded.

The scan you provided makes it tough to evaluate the cards, but you have at least four cards there that have some good potential value. Starr, Unitas, Sayers and Butkus. Baseball is usually better than football, I see you have a baseball card there too.

MUCH easier to just send them off to a stranger (Greg Morris has a great reputation) and see what happens. If you have some time, I would do some research first and have a little fun with your late brother's cards.

Have fun with the hobby!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set