Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

[WTS/WTT] 1876 MS61 rattler trade dollar (looks PL), 1923-D toned peace dollar

Open to offers/trades on both coins together or separate. For trades I am open to anything, gold/silver, type coins, rarities, toners, top pop's etc.

• 1876 MS61 Trade Dollar. Videos available here $1500 shipped priority PCGS Rattler OGH. Super undergraded in my opinion, you could probably even get a PL designation out of it with todays standards. I would send it in but I really did not want to take it out of the rattler holder, I doubt there are many trade dollars even left in them at this point. Very very high quality coin, photos/videos do not do those mirrors or luster justice! Frosting on both obverse and reverse is pretty evenly distributed, adds to great contrast with the fields. Trade dollars are notorious for weak strikes, this one is pretty solid compared to other examples of this date. A bit of weak strike on liberties head, left breast and left forearm but that is to be expected.

• 1923-D Peace dollar toned $400 shipped priority Went QC at pcgs and AT at NGC. Cracked it because I was going to send it in again but needed to put it up for sale sadly. Easily some of the nicest toning I have seen on a peace dollar. I believe this coin is 100% natural toning, and have many others that I have talked with about the coin who believe so as well. While blue is not a very common color for a coin to be toned at, it does happen. Textile toning is apparent throughout the obverse of the coin in many spots, spacing and size of the toning is equal and does not differ in size/space/shape which is very hard to doctor. Elevation chromatics are spot on (if you are unfamiliar with what that term is, see this website ). Complete luster on both the obverse and reverse of the coin, while not super bright it is probably just a bit subdued due to the toning. Would probably grade either a 63/64 depending on the day.

If neither of these coins sell, I might just send them both back to PCGS. The dollar for regrade, and the peace dollar for a straight grade fingers crossed. I take paypal and google wallet. Once packages are scanned through by USPS, I am not liable however will do my best to help recover them. Insurance cost is extra, just ask and we can work something out.

Comments

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the trade yet $400. for a common Peace dollar both services, in-hand claim to be AT'ish?

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM sent

• Options
    ButteredfatkidButteredfatkid Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

@abcde12345 said:
    Love the trade yet $400. for a common Peace dollar both services, in-hand claim to be AT'ish?

Just because they went AT at pcgs/NGC doesn’t mean it’s not natural toning. They tend to be very picky when it comes to color on peace dollars, and often do not grade them straight even when all the factors line up for it like this one. If this color was on a Morgan I guarantee it would have gotten a grade. Sometimes they’re more lenient on certain series

I, and many others believe this is natural toning as I explained in the main post. Just because you may not agree doesn’t mean you have to bash the price

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I, and many others believe this is natural toning as I explained in the main post. Just because you may not agree doesn’t mean you have to bash the price."

Not bashing, simply desiring clarification, of which you provided. Thank you for the additional information. It is a beautiful Peace dollar.