Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any Collectors out there who have had your House Tented for Termites?

If so, what did you do with your cards? Do slabbed cards need to be sealed up? I saw a post in the coin forum from last year where they recommended putting the slabbed coins in ziplock bags. It will be tough to do so for so many slabs.

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gemint said:
    If so, what did you do with your cards? Do slabbed cards need to be sealed up? I saw a post in the coin forum from last year where they recommended putting the slabbed coins in ziplock bags. It will be tough to do so for so many slabs.

They make BIG bags for garments that might work. Some are even made to be "shrink wrapped" with your vacuum cleaner.

I would NOT expose anything of high value to these chemicals.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 20, 2019 8:01AM

Termites near my Joe Louis cards? I would relocate my collection immediately, and call the cops on the termites. Those termites will know that I mean business when they see the Sheriff's patrol car pull up to my residence.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Joe. That's my concern as well, chemical impact long term. I'm not looking forward to moving all those boxes out. Sealing them may be an option but not sure if they'll all fit after being placed in the bags.

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

you can temporarily send them here for save keeping, it says they have low storage rates....

https://tinyurl.com/y6ypd3sp

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinspacks said:
    you can temporarily send them here for save keeping, it says they have low storage rates....

https://tinyurl.com/y6ypd3sp

Maybe not, but thanks anyway.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

i'll be glad to look after em for you (rubs hands together) they will be safe here ( in my collection )