Home Sports Talk
Options

Bold NFL Predictions

2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post them if you got them
Buffalo starts 5-1 wins 11 games and dethrones
The Patriots as the AFC East Champions
NFL futures have the Bills +/- 6.5 wins. They beat that easily.
Atlanta +/- 8.5. I predict over. So many injuries last year if they stay healthy the give the Saints a run for the division.
Panthers tank.
Arizona’s college offense and K. Murray are a bust.
Baltimore and Jackson go the way of the wing T and finish at the bottom of the division.
SF bounces back to respectable after a rash of injuries last year.

W.C.Fields
"I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2019 11:25AM

The Bengals go 18-0 and win the Super bowl.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    The Bengals go 18-0 and win the Suoer bowl.

Lol. I said bold, not impossible.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2019 11:15AM

I think Buffalo does get better but not enough to take over the AFC East. The Cowboys will win the division IF they get Zeke back. The Bengals will be the same old Bengals until they get rid of the last piece of the puzzle that has been holding them back, yes the Red Rocket himself, they finally smartened up and dumped Marv Lewis now they just need to rid themselves of Andy Dalton. Other than that I really can’t think of much, the NFL is such a crap shoot

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brownies win 10 games, the AFC North AND a playoff game

had to take a moment and think about this one, but here's another prediction for the upcoming season.....

the # of times stevek informs us that Philly made the right decision by letting Foles go > the # of exclamation marks dime uses > the # of times darin looks at his Mahomes cards > the # of times coin tells us he's not watching any games but really is > the # of times i pout and leave the boards because PSA disgusts me, only to return because the depth of the NFL conversations with my girlfriend extend no further than how hot Jimmy G is > the # of times bronco says something serious

• Options

😂😂😂

• Options

The Browns will NOT make the playoffs. Forgot that one ☝️

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the Vikings will Rams a run for the NFC championship. the saints will not be contenders

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Why not? I actually think they can win that Division...…..with the Steelers in disarray and the Ravens are an accident looking for a place to happen. B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

Why not? I actually think they can win that Division...…..with the Steelers in disarray and the Ravens are an accident looking for a place to happen. B)

Too much hype

• Options

Hype & paper doesn't matter...…….it's what happens between the line's.> @perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

Too much hype

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Philadelphia Eagles have an eensy weensy chance this season to win a few games.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    I think the Philadelphia Eagles have an eensy weensy chance this season to win a few games.

Until Wentz breaks something he can't afford to break in Game 3 or 4 of the season.

• Options

Sorry, but as long as Carson Wentz is around, Patrick Mahomes will have to settle for second best.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Sorry, but as long as Carson Wentz is around, Patrick Mahomes will have to settle for second best.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

Like looking at an old newspaper clipping.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

the Patriots don't make the playoffs.

• Options

@keets said:
    the Patriots don't make the playoffs.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

Vegas agrees with a division win for the Browns. Browns and Steelers 7/5 to win it.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@stevek said:

I almost spit my soda out when I read this! Wentz is a couple of tiers below Mahomes……...Seriously!!

What in world kind of drugs are you on Steve! LMAO

• Options

Prediction - Tom Brady will not play football forever.....

.....as some Patriots fans believe he will.

• Options

Tom Brady is not immortal - Fact.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Tom Brady is not immortal - Fact.

Careful Steve......your Hater Horns are showing. B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

I almost spit my soda out when I read this! Wentz is a couple of tiers below Mahomes……...Seriously!!

I take an aspirin maybe once a year, a tums maybe once or twice a year.

That's it.

Be careful Dimeman or possibly you won't be invited to the Eagles Super Bowl parade. You might have to sit home and watch it on TV instead.

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

That's it.

Be careful Dimeman or possibly you won't be invited to the Eagles Super Bowl parade. You might have to sit home and watch it on TV instead.

Earth to Steve...……..you have already had you 1 SB every 50 years. You'll be in the ground before they make another if they ever make another.

And you were lucky to get that 1 a couple of years ago.

• Options

@2dueces said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

Vegas agrees with a division win for the Browns. Browns and Steelers 7/5 to win it.

Maybe James Holzhauer can come on the forum and offer some tips. ;)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

That's it.

Earth to Steve...……..you have already had you 1 SB every 50 years. You'll be in the ground before they make another if they ever make another.

What's the latest story with Jerry Jones?

Have the Cowboys signed him yet, or is he still threatening to become a free agent owner?

• Options
    edited August 17, 2019 4:56PM

@stevek said:

I agree with ya! I just don’t know how many more Seasons he will dominate for 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

That's it.

What's the latest story with Jerry Jones?

Have the Cowboys signed him yet, or is he still threatening to become a free agent owner?

I don't really care at this point!

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

I agree with ya! I just don’t know how many more Seasons he will dominate for 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

You know i like Brady and wish him well.

But just a bad feeling that a career ending injury is going to set him down. i'm not saying it will be this season, but for sure he is pressing his luck with possibly getting a debilitating injury at his age, which could affect him for the rest of his life.

I think he may wind up regretting that he didn't retire after last season.

All that money and fame doesn't do much good if you can hardly walk, from an injury which could have been easily avoided.

Just my two cents and it's not even worth that.

• Options

I have to agree with perk when he posted the pic of Brady. He's still the best until proven otherwise
    and so far nobody has come close to proving otherwise.
    Mahomes hasn't done anything yet, I don't count MVP trophies.
    And the good thing is I've heard Mahomes interviewed many times and he agrees, what he wants is Super Bowl wins.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    Brownies win 10 games, the AFC North AND a playoff game

had to take a moment and think about this one, but here's another prediction for the upcoming season.....

the # of times stevek informs us that Philly made the right decision by letting Foles go > the # of exclamation marks dime uses > the # of times darin looks at his Mahomes cards > the # of times coin tells us he's not watching any games but really is > the # of times i pout and leave the boards because PSA disgusts me, only to return because the depth of the NFL conversations with my girlfriend extend no further than how hot Jimmy G is > the # of times bronco says something serious

if I was sure I understood that chain of logic I'd take the under

• Options

@Darin said:
    I have to agree with perk when he posted the pic of Brady. He's still the best until proven otherwise
    And the good thing is I've heard Mahomes interviewed many times and he agrees, what he wants is Super Bowl wins.

I think Mahomes is already ahead of Wentz in games played

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

Mahomes is ahead of Wentz in EVERYTHING!

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

But just a bad feeling that a career ending injury is going to set him down. i'm not saying it will be this season, but for sure he is pressing his luck with possibly getting a debilitating injury at his age, which could affect him for the rest of his life.

All that money and fame doesn't do much good if you can hardly walk, from an injury which could have been easily avoided.

Well it all depends on why he continues to play, I’m 50/50 on it, one part of me thinks he wants all the passing records while the other part thinks it’s all about his love of the game. If it’s ALL about his love of the game then who can blame him for doing what he loves? Do t get me wrong if it were me I’d have retired with Gronk. Either way he is still on top of his game. @Darin Mahomes has a great chance of being the face of the future for the NFL, hopefully he continues to play at such a high level, if he does his chances of getting a ri g are damn good 🍻

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@Darin said:

Mahomes is ahead of Wentz in EVERYTHING!

if there was a contest between the two for who had the most lurid hair wentz would be sidelined due to injury

• Options
    edited August 18, 2019 9:04AM

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

Well it all depends on why he continues to play, I’m 50/50 on it, one part of me thinks he wants all the passing records while the other part thinks it’s all about his love of the game. If it’s ALL about his love of the game then who can blame him for doing what he loves? Do t get me wrong if it were me I’d have retired with Gronk. Either way he is still on top of his game. @Darin Mahomes has a great chance of being the face of the future for the NFL, hopefully he continues to play at such a high level, if he does his chances of getting a ri g are damn good 🍻

Points understood, and all valid points.

There is also the danger of CTE. A blow to the head at age 42 is a lot more harmful than the exact same blow to the head at age 22. An older body just simply can't rebound from punishment the same as a younger body. It's just part of the aging process.

I just hope Brady doesn't find all this out the hard way. But perhaps from your opinions about Brady, which i agree with, sadly he may find out the hard way.

It would be a shame to possibly see Brady in his 50's a physical wreck, and/or slurring his words as he speaks. Without debate, that is the risk he is taking by continuing to play the brutal game of football at his age.

• Options
    edited August 18, 2019 7:26AM

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

There is also the danger of CTE. A blow to the head at age 42 is a lot more harmful than the exact same blow to the head at age 22. An older body just simply can't rebound from punishment the same as an older body. It's just part of the aging process.

I just hope Brady doesn't find all this out the hard way. But perhaps from your opinions about Brady, which i agree with, sadly he may find out the hard way.

It would be a shame to possibly see Brady in his 50's a physical wreck, and/or slurring his words as he speaks. Without debate, that is the risk he is taking by continuing to play the brutal game of football at his age.

Agreed on your points as well. He definitely seems aware of his age and potential physical limitations as well since he smartly dives to the ground every chance he gets when he feels he is going to get sacked. But all it takes is one hit so there is absolutely a risk with continuing

• Options

So the only predictions are Tom Brady won’t play forever and about the Browns and Patriots? Are there no other football fans besides Bengals, Patriots, Chiefs, Eagles and Bills? Any predictions about the Cowboys? I think they still win their division but I also think the Giants are improving. Redskins are still a mess. Eagles rely on Carson but can he get healthy and stay healthy?

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    So the only predictions are Tom Brady won’t play forever and about the Browns and Patriots? Are there no other football fans besides Bengals, Patriots, Chiefs, Eagles and Bills? Any predictions about the Cowboys? I think they still win their division but I also think the Giants are improving. Redskins are still a mess. Eagles rely on Carson but can he get healthy and stay healthy?

Read my first post. I say the Cowboys will win the division IF they get Zeke back.

• Options

The Raiders will finish last in the AFC west.

• Options

The Houston Texans will be the second best team in the AFC behind KC,
    and DeShaun Watson will have a monster year.

• Options
    edited August 18, 2019 11:34AM

Mitch Trubisky will continue to get better and the Bears will be Super Bowl bound.
    Trubisky goes up against the best defense in the NFL everyday in practice and that can only help him improve.

• Options

I definitely agree the Bears will be very good this year.

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

There is also the danger of CTE. A blow to the head at age 42 is a lot more harmful than the exact same blow to the head at age 22. An older body just simply can't rebound from punishment the same as a younger body. It's just part of the aging process.

Hey, it's Brady's choice how long Brady. The reason doesn't matter. Give it a rest. ;)B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

Hey, it's Brady's choice how long Brady. The reason doesn't matter. Give it a rest. ;)B)

To be fair Jon, it’s been an ongoing story about Brady and when he will hang the cleats up lol

• Options

I know Paul, but it get's old. Aren't you tired of explaining the same old thing over and over? It's like someone on here isn't paying attention. ;)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    I know Paul, but it get's old. Aren't you tired of explaining the same old thing over and over? It's like someone on here isn't paying attention. ;)

Without debate, Tom Brady is by far the most recognizable active player in the NFL today, arguably in all of American team sports up there with LeBron James. And he's coming off a Super Bowl winning season.

When Brady puts together a few bad games, without question the media is going to jump all over him, with stories about should he now retire because of his age.

Ten or more years from now if Brady develops CTE or is in constant pain because of playing too long in the NFL, there will be continuous news stories about that as well.

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Without debate, Tom Brady is by far the most recognizable active player in the NFL today, arguably in all of American team sports up there with LeBron James. And he's coming off a Super Bowl winning season.

When Brady puts together a few bad games, without question the media is going to jump all over him, with stories about should he now retire because of his age.

Ten or more years from now if Brady develops CTE or is in constant pain because of playing too long in the NFL, there will be continuous news stories about that as well.

All that is possible Steve, but...…..IT....IS....HIS....CHOICE!!!! Which one of those words confuses you. ;)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

Honestly? I am tired of the unknown on when will he retire thing but he is playing at a high level so why complain?