Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Package tracking blunder UPDATED.

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was expecting a Joe Louis card to arrive in the mail today. I checked the USPS package tracking site, and it said expected delivery today. It also said the package was out for delivery. So like I usually do when I'm expecting a card to arrive, I lock my wife in our bedroom so she can't see me retrieve the card, and I head to the mailbox. Nothing but a power bill. Has anyone ever had issues with the USPS tracking system? I can't stand the thought of Joe Louis lost in the twilight zone mail system.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping they are just off by a day, and it will be tomorrow.

• jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I'm hoping they are just off by a day, and it will be tomorrow.

Has happened to me several times in the past like this. I'd expect you will be receiving it tomorrow.

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as it doesn’t say “delivered” it should be fine.

Yes, it doesn't say delivered thank goodness. I still won't sleep tonight. Joe's out there somewhere. He needs my help.

edited August 15, 2019 2:04PM

UPDATE : Well, the mailman just knocked on the door not 5 minutes ago, and handed Joe to me. Hallelujah! He said the package was put into the wrong section, and he just discovered it. He came back and delivered it to me He made a point of bringing Joe to my front door, and apologizing. He was super nice about it. Joe is home and all is well. I get to sleep tonight!

• Air23GOATAir23GOAT Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

He delivered it to your door? Hope your wife didn't see that. Or did you have to create some distraction like asking her to grab something out of the basement?

I'm all about that Jordan stuff. Cards, stickers, posters & whatever else is cool. The rarer the better. And always in a PSA 10 if I can help it.
    Any other big Jordan nuts out there let me know.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been married for 38 yrs.

On trying to "hide" stuff?

They know.

Mike
  • Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    I've been married for 38 yrs.

On trying to "hide" stuff?

They know.

They always know. My wife has also now realized that when there's a knock on the door it's usually a higher-end card that requires signature delivery.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

@Air23GOAT said:
    He delivered it to your door? Hope your wife didn't see that. Or did you have to create some distraction like asking her to grab something out of the basement?

My wife was in our bedroom, and I actually spotted the mailman coming and quietly opened the front door and signed for it. When I went back in, she was still in the bedroom, so I crept past the bedroom like a ninja, and stashed Joe.

My wife has busted me when I have to sign for a card of course. It's moments like that, I wish I had one of those ninja smoke bombs so I could make an escape. Although the escape wouldn't last long because I'd just end up running into her at dinner time.

@doubledragon said:

@Air23GOAT said:

My wife was in our bedroom, and I actually spotted the mailman coming and quietly opened the front door and signed for it. When I went back in, she was still in the bedroom, so I crept past the bedroom like a ninja, and stashed Joe.

You spotted him coming & intercepted the package? I've had to do the same thing. Sounds like you have the mailmans route & delivery times memorized.
    Most women don't really understand the whole collecting thing. Behind every great collector is a woman rolling her eyes.

I'm all about that Jordan stuff. Cards, stickers, posters & whatever else is cool. The rarer the better. And always in a PSA 10 if I can help it.

@Air23GOAT said:

@doubledragon said:

@Air23GOAT said:

You spotted him coming & intercepted the package? I've had to do the same thing. Sounds like you have the mailmans route & delivery times memorized.
    Most women don't really understand the whole collecting thing. Behind every great collector is a woman rolling her eyes.

I like to try to familiarize myself with the mailman's delivery time, route, habits, etc. I call it gathering intelligence.

• ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

My office and hobby delivery location are the same. The mail room guy doesn’t judge me........or steal my packages

Mike

Of course, in order to save money for cards, I have become my own dentist. Whiskey and pliers.

• softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife just says "You got happy mail"

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

My girlfriend has finally accepted it. She even humors me & pretends to listen when I get excited talking about collecting.

Israel