Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Must be my lucky day

This guy wants my 86 Fleer set so bad he’s willing to trade me a t206 Honus Wagner lol

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2019 9:52AM

Are you serious? What are you going to do?

• Options

If not the eyes, then which part of the anatomy is the better deal? There are other organs which may well be suitable for transacting.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

You should tell him that you will toss in a couple of cases of unopened 1986 Fleer Basketball because it's such a good deal.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Should work out great. Just tell him you will send the Jordan after you receive the Wagner. Ask if he is the Nigerian prince that also has money that he can't get out of the country. You could also help him with that.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭

good luck with that

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Air23GOATAir23GOAT Posts: 84 ✭✭✭

No way! I've never met a collector like that! He could get a Jordan rookie much easier & cheaper somewhere else. Seems too good to be true. Maybe he's more of a Jordan fan than collector because what experienced collector would make that trade? Maybe you should send this guy my way.
    Whatever you do be careful. What are you going to do?

I'm all about that Jordan stuff. Cards, stickers, posters & whatever else is cool. The rarer the better. And always in a PSA 10 if I can help it.
    Any other big Jordan nuts out there let me know.

• Options

By the way he just says Jordan rookie. Is he talking about the '86 Fleer or '84 Star? A lot of collectors, including myself, consider the Star to be his TRC. Either way you're still getting a great, unheard of deal.

I'm all about that Jordan stuff. Cards, stickers, posters & whatever else is cool. The rarer the better. And always in a PSA 10 if I can help it.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

This guy wants my 86 Fleer set

He wouldn't happen to be a Nigerian Prince?

Mike
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell him to sell one of them and use some of the money to buy a new IPhone or camera so he can take better pictures of his $500k cards.

KC

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

The sad thing is their are people like that out there. And this is not a “hurt no one” crime done on a foolish whim......this takes
    planning and malice....sad

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

yes unfortunately many people would fall for this crap.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

IMO, he'd be better off not being so unrealistic with such a high priced card. Why not offer a card that is maybe worth double or triple what the Jordan card would be worth?

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    edited August 14, 2019 7:37PM

Man, that guy is an idiot.

OBVIOUSLY you are going to want the PSA 2!

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

Not on the boards enough to know exactly who is using sarcasm and when (some is obvious, some not so much), but it would seem from the comments above that at least 1-2 folks here think this is a real opportunity. Maybe I just missed the sarcasm, but if not, this is why crooked people keep trying to lure in the next sucker.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mrmopar said:
    Not on the boards enough to know exactly who is using sarcasm and when (some is obvious, some not so much), but it would seem from the comments above that at least 1-2 folks here think this is a real opportunity. Maybe I just missed the sarcasm, but if not, this is why crooked people keep trying to lure in the next sucker.

Pretty much kind of knowing those who responded Curt?

It's all sarcasm.

Mike
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell him you might consider sending a fake slabbed Jordan for the fake slabbed Wagner.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Tell him you might consider sending a fake slabbed Jordan for the fake slabbed Wagner.

OK that's funny. And I don't know what you guys are talking about. This kind of thing happens all the time.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

I think it's funny that he offers you a PSA 2 or PSA 1. Even the idiot isn't taking his own dealing serious. When you are going to trade something, if you had two of the same thing, why would you give a choice between the obviously better one or the obviously worse one?

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's easy to get fooled from this guy because his grammar is on par with top Ivy League scholars.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have fun with this type of stuff, lead him on to the very furthest point then tell him you changed your mind lol

• Options

Bottom line, people that scam other people have no conscience. They're scum. There's all kinds of scams going on right now on Facebook, and other social media sites, and even on Ebay. Some people don't want to make an honest living, they'd rather steal from people who do make an honest living. I hope that guy stubs his big toe today.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Bottom line, people that scam other people have no conscience. They're scum. There's all kinds of scams going on right now on Facebook, and other social media sites, and even on Ebay. Some people don't want to make an honest living, they'd rather steal from people who do make an honest living. I hope that guy stubs his big toe today.

I absolutely agree but I need to ask, you specifically want his big toe to get stubbed? The Pinkie Toe is excruciating when you walk by and haphazardly kick the corner of a couch or something. It will bring you down to one knee ya know...

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

I absolutely agree but I need to ask, you specifically want his big toe to get stubbed? The Pinkie Toe is excruciating when you walk by and haphazardly kick the corner of a couch or something. It will bring you down to one knee ya know...

Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll just go ahead and sprain his ankle. 😉

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

This is faker than a Hollywood actress's boobs.

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

You mean like this? --not my foot--

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Haha I was thinking the same thing. And I would say something like I hope he gets hit by a bus & lives but not you. His big toe, not his little toe, must be stubbed.
    By the way how hilarious would it be if the OP was like "OK so the trade went through just fine. I have the Wagner in hand & it looks like a PSA 5 even. In fact he sent me both Wagners because he's just an incredibly nice guy.

You should tell him he's not offering enough. See what he'd throw in. See if the Ark of the Covenant is available.

• Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of the guy in California who offered me my choose between three different 52T Mantles (2 x PSA 5 and 1 x PSA 6) for my Clemente RC (PSA 7.5) back in 2016 when the market manipulation was going on.

That was a scam and this one sounds like the same thing. Sounds a lot like the same guy too.

Dave
  • Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

I messaged him and asked if he would like to trade 100 jordan rookies ungraded that are stamped reprint on the back in exchange for just 1 of his Cobb's. See what he says...