Home Sports Talk
Options

Oh yee of Red Sox Nation, the link that sums up one Dave Dombrowski

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not only me sees Dumbo as a prime source of Red Sox failure in 2019. Plundering the farm system and spending like a fool, helped the Red Sox get to where they are today...nowhere and sinking like a rock. He gave waaaay too much away for such little return.

Additonally, more links are here to read within the prime topic. But, the author pretty much sums up Dumbo Dave. With one year left, hopefully he gets the big boot in 2021. It disgusts me to watch Dumbo when the camera is on him, so nattily attired in his Joseph Aboud suit, pondering some nonesense on his laptop and PC, with his drinking buddy sitting just feet away, he, who supposedly has so much baseball knowledge. Between the two of them, they have accomplished NADA for the team.

Acquiring a washed up toss out (Cashner) from the Orioles was apparently meant to appease the masses. Pitching has killed the Red Sox this year, yet Dumbo and his BFF sat idly by not trying to improve the team, only commenting..."there's enough talent on this team to win". Oh, how the mighty have fallen, from first to almost worst.

May your days be numbered Dumbo and that of your useless accomplice.

https://bosoxinjection.com/2019/08/09/red-sox-nation-knew-getting-dombrowski/

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was at the Cleveland vs. Boston game last night. surely all you Sox fans are better in tune with what's happening with your Team, but they still have fight in them. on the field and at the plate they are still a very, very good, sound ball club. Bogaerts and Devers each made exceptional plays in the field and in the entire lineup there doesn't appear to be an easy out, every hitter battles and puts on good swings.

for example, Jackie Bradley slipped in the outfield and turned a routine fly ball into a single: he came up the next inning and redeemed himself with an HR to the porch in left. there were two other HR's and several that put the Tribe up against the wall. in all, Boston came back from down 5-1 to tie it in the ninth. it's easy to complain about the loss but the Team hasn't given up.

my perspective is this: the Red Sox had some extraordinary performances last year that put them over the top, players who had remarkable years at the same time. that's hard to duplicate. at the same time it seems the competition has gotten better. having the play the Yankees and Devil Rays 19 X each in the same year isn't easy. and I understand the pitching woes and sacrificing the future for the present, I just think you guys should be a little more realistic and grateful for the four World Series wins in the last two decades. most fans, like myself in Cleveland, would be ecstatic if our Team could say that.

consider the long suffering Indians fans: in 1997 and 2016 we lost in the 10th inning of the 7th Game. I think if that happened to you Red Sox fans that you'd burn down Fenway Park!!! >:)

that's another thing, Fenway Park is probably the stadium of choice for most diehard MLB fans, the one we'd like to see a Game played at. and it's your home field. you guys are lucky.

for some Comic relief, check out the video from yesterday's game. if you watch this replay of Santana's game winner you'll see me for a moment at 13 seconds, the nut-job screaming with the red bandanna, blue shirt and glasses!! :p we had gone to "the porch" and were standing next to the camera as it swung to follow the ball.
    https://mlb.com/video/carlos-santana-homers-26-on-a-line-drive-to-center-field?t=walk-off-homers

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good stuff! I saw you!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keets exposed:

• Options
    edited August 13, 2019 12:12PM

Steve, nice!!! B)

I made up a sign a few years ago that's been to about 5-6 game. it's very simple, a piece of cardboard about 2' x 2' with a very large "K" on both sides. we take turns holding it up and howl loudly every time an Indians pitcher records a strikeout. it takes time, usually the 6th-7th-8th inning for the camera to take a shot of us, but we can usually make our way onto the screen.

whatever it takes, right?? :)

• Options

Yesterday is yesterday...we've had some nice times since 2004, but when things begin to go off the rails, and management does nothing to help the team, you gotta wonder if the right guy at the top is the right guy.

Maybe Supercuts is in your future Keets?

Congrats Indians.

• Options
    edited August 13, 2019 3:15PM

had a "Shag" goin' on since about 1974, way before they decided to call it a "Mullet" for some reason. it's really too late to change horses now!! :)

• Options

@keets said:
    had a "Shag" goin' on since about 1974, way before they decided to call it a "Mullet" for some reason. it's really too late to change horses now!! :)

Re: George Carlin...if you have Amazon Prime, you have Prime Video. Search within Prime Video for a TON of George Carlin stuff, like maybe 15 episodes or so. Enjoy!!