Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

1853 3 Cent Silver MS66+ PCGS w/CAC - PCGS Pop only 11 (only 16 finer)

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 10, 2020 3:39PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

I am a collector, and not a dealer, but some may argue that point since I am offering this coin for sale to a wide audience.

I have available for sale an 1853 3 Cent Silver (Type 1) graded MS66+ by PCGS, and it merits a CAC.

I just upgraded this coin in my Registry Type Set, being very fortunate to having obtained the new one from Oliver Jung’s “The Type Set”, the greatest type set ever assembled.

Heritage says the 1853 is the scarcest of the Philadelphia issues in MS66 and finer. This one for sale has a FULL STRIKE (so many in this grade have soft centers – look closely at the vertical and horizontal lines on the shield on other coins in this grade). Super frosty silver luster, and unabraded surfaces. Eye appeal abounds. Legend refers to this specific coin as “having quality and eye appeal in spades. As lustrous and brilliant as the day it came off the dies, and sharply defined devices stand out thanks to a forceful impression from the dies. Mostly untoned, except for the most minute traces of pastel iridescence.” Even Legend says this coin is nicer than the one they sold in December 2017 for $2,291. I fully agree.

1. While PCGS has graded a total of 87 of these as either MS66 or MS66+, only 11 of those 87 merits the "+" grade.
  2. Naturally, this one has the coveted CAC sticker (by the way, for this date PCGS and NGC have graded a total of 122 as either MS66 or MS66+: 87 by PCGS and 35 by NGC, and only 45 of those 122 graded MS66 or MS66+ has a CAC). You’d have to figure at the high price point for this grade, the others must have been sent to CAC due to the price differential for those with a CAC. The others just didn’t cut it, for one reason or another!
  3. If you want to buy one graded by PCGS at MS67 with a CAC, Coin Facts shows the most recent one was sold by Legend in November 2018 for $5,288.
  4. Currently on eBay, there is one available at MS66+ with a CAC for $2,920 or best offer ($2,750 on their direct website).

See my three photos below.

My price is $2,375 via regular PayPal (no PP Gift Payments) and INCLUDES FedEx Priority Overnight shipping (or USPS Priority Mail if you're using a PO Box).

Terms: Full 7-day return privilege from when you sign for receipt of the coin. I am so confident you will like this coin, that unlike many sellers, I will pay for the cost of return shipping if you don't like coin. All returns must use a prepaid return label that requires my signature upon redelivery to me that I will email you in the unlikely event you are unhappy.

I will only ship to a person in the U.S. with a U.S. mailing address. Due to the value, a signature will be required. I will ship FedEx Priority Overnight at my expense (expected delivery is the next business day by 10:30 am, but this is NOT guaranteed). However, if shipping to a P.O. Box, I will then ship by USPS Priority Mail (typical 2 to 3-day delivery), and a signature will still be required. I will email you the tracking number. We will provide each other with a valid email address as well.

Successful BST Transactions: UltraHighRelief; ChrisH821; D1no; willy; RonB; Shrub68.

Please message ANY questions. Thank you.
Winesteven

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
Tagged:

Comments