Home Sports Talk
Options

So what did you guys do this summer?

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Camping, fishing, off roading, visiting the in-laws, skydiving, BBQ'ing?

Share some stories.

:)

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking for coins on the net! Going to coin shows.

• Options

Dullsville here. action starts end of September when the temps drop to sub 100.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leaving August 27th for Slovenia and Croatia on a 12 day small yacht cruise. I think we have about 30 passengers plus crew, and the small yacht will allow us to visit places not accessible with a larger boat. If you care to see the trip and the itinerary, go to www.earthboundexpeditions.com click "voyages afloat", scroll down to second line, trip on right.

Flying Atlanta-Paris on an Airbus 380, which is a double decker plane, should be exciting. Return via Amsterdam-Atlanta
    B-777.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

The usual. :|

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Playing Tennis and Bowling on weekends.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going 2 hours up North in New Hampshire at 12 today actually for a camping trip. Went to Old Orchard Beach Maine for long weekend, a Boat Cruise from Boston to Rhode Island for a another Long Weekend, stayed at my girls Sister & Bro in Law mobile home for a 2 day adventure in New Hampshire, Booze Cruise, Beach, sun and fun. Lots of activities, told me girl to shut it down after this weekend so we can enjoy some weekend time at home for the rest of the summer.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Leaving August 27th for Slovenia and Croatia on a 12 day small yacht cruise. I think we have about 30 passengers plus crew, and the small yacht will allow us to visit places not accessible with a larger boat. If you care to see the trip and the itinerary, go to www.earthboundexpeditions.com click "voyages afloat", scroll down to second line, trip on right.

Flying Atlanta-Paris on an Airbus 380, which is a double decker plane, should be exciting. Return via Amsterdam-Atlanta
    B-777.

OK...you are winning so far!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fishing trip with my wife to Devil's Lake N.D.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Nice haul Joe!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! What's even better is that my wife would rather go fishing than stay in a fancy hotel!!!

I live an hour from Mille Lacs Lake in Minnesota. Once the finest lake for Walleye. Last year, you couldn't even keep 1 Walleye. When you are allowed to keep 1 it has to be a certain length or "slot". Hundreds (thousands?) of fish get caught and thrown back, I wonder how many of those die.

You can keep 5 of any size on Devils Lake. The fish live on fresh water shrimp and their meat is delicious.

Day 2 we caught our limit as well.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a dollar in our couch cushions about 30 minutes ago. I Immediately hid it from my wife.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2019 6:56AM

Unfortunately, a tradition has developed this summer that I dread, and tonight at around 6 p.m eastern time, it will unfold again. We have dinner with my mother in law.

My mother in law...

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2019 5:01AM

Had the entire month of June to myself while the wife was in NY with family emergency stuff.

Lots of this though:

And a few of these:

• Options

Buster, there is nothing like having the house to yourself with zero responsibilities 🍻👍

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2019 1:22PM

Just got back from Ny,Ny. Took the kids to the zoo/touristy stuff. Did a few trips to bar harbor. Nothing like last year when we did China

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

I took images from the 2019 Canadian Grand Prix

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

@Dave99B said:

How were they? I saw them in 1989 and in 1994 I think, both times were awesome

• Options

Perkdog, the concert is actually tonight...got moved due to Mick’s surgery. Will report back tomorrow!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

Travel, travel, travel.... A few days in Rochester NY for a family wedding followed by two weeks in the southeast with just my wife (longest trip without kids for us ever) which included our first NASCAR race (at Daytona) and also a hot lap at the track in Myrtle Beach. Included a few nights in Charleston, Myrtle Beach and Daytona all of which were new cities for us. Overnights in Houston and Atlanta. We flew home, via Houston where I had dinner with my buddy of about 45 years. Went to the office one day and then flew to Seoul with my teenage son. I spent a week there and he stayed for two more weeks to do a home stay and study Korean. I flew home, went to the office for 3 days, and then went to Vegas with the guys for a long weekend but I can't talk about that. Oh ya, the whole family was out of town for the days in between Seoul and Vegas so had a nice clean and quiet house. Now we have an exchange student, from Brazil, staying with us and we are taking her and the kids to Disneyland later in the month for her first visit. Oh ya, and Vegas with the whole gang in September. So ya, travel, travel, travel.

Oh ya, I also bought some King's tix yesterday for a game while we have the exchange student. She only knew of the team "Golden" but hopefully the Sac King's and their loud fans will win her over to being a King's fan!

Lastly, we got the MLB package this year as my wife and teenage daughter (but not our son) are addicted to watching the Dodgers. Go blue!!!!!

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larryallen73 said:
    Lastly, we got the MLB package this year as my wife and teenage daughter (but not our son) are addicted to watching the Dodgers. Go blue!!!!!

Those two rookie pitchers they just brought up are looking good.

• Options
    45isodd45isodd Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

On a trip to the midwest, I visited Wrigley Field, Target Field and Miller Park, then flew to Cleveland where I stopped by the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and lastly caught a game at PNC Park in Pittsburgh. Wrigley is still the best. :)

• Options

Nice stuff guys. @larryallen73 What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas. 🍻

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:

@larryallen73 said:

Yes, so far so good with them. Rookie pitchers and position players this year. A ton of rookies on the team that are contributing. Sort of amazing I think. Reminds me of about 1982/83 when Sax, Marshall, etc. were contributing early.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@larryallen73 said:

@hammer1 said:

@larryallen73 said:

Yes, so far so good with them. Rookie pitchers and position players this year. A ton of rookies on the team that are contributing. Sort of amazing I think. Reminds me of about 1982/83 when Sax, Marshall, etc. were contributing early.

You mentioning Sax reminded me when an easy grounder to him at second, meant holding your breath to see if he could throw it to the first baseman accurately or throw it into the visiting dugout.

Talk about a case of the yips.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

B-777.

Spent some time in/around Zadar, Croatia and the Adriatic area's beautiful! I think you'll love it. Also, Amsterdam's a cool city, so check that out if you get a long layover.

Just moved back to the States from Germany and started a new job, so my summer's been sort of a boring hectic. My wife took me to my first Astros game for my bday and I loved it! (I'm from the Atlanta Area and grew up a Braves fan, but am becoming an Astros fan, too, now that I'm in TX)

• Options
    edited August 15, 2019 5:38PM

@Perkdog - Great Stones concert! I've been to hundreds of concerts in my lifetime, and I'd rank this one #2, just behind Elton John (in 1973). Tremendous energy for a bunch of 75 yr old Englishmen. The played straight from 9 to 11...played every hit you could think of. Mick absolutely took control of the stage....danced and sang...never stopped. He absolutely owned the stage. He's a bit of an 'odd' dancer, but man, he can still belt it out. Was hoping they would play 'Under My Thumbs', but they didn't. Dang. Other than that, fantastic. Still half-deaf. LOUD.

Dave

• Options

Dave, glad you enjoyed the show! I’m glad to hear Mick and company still have it. Really, that is awesome stuff man!