Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2019 Topps Chrome

Has any one busted any of these yet? Going to make a run this evening and looking to see where the best retail hits have been coming from, blasters, mega, hangers etc.

Comments

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

hangers i would say, retail seems tough this year

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought 5 blasters from Target and 2 hobby boxes from Blowout.

Will report when I rip.

Mike
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered 4 hangers from WM online and picked up 2 in store this morning. Lucky I was there when they just put the display box out.

I will report when I rip as well.

• Options
    Bearkat21Bearkat21 Posts: 269 ✭✭✭

My Walmart had blasters and mega packs. Picked up a blaster and three mega packs. We’ll see how it goes.

• Options
    edited August 3, 2019 2:15PM

Target at my house is loaded with blasters.

I'm going to guess that Target and Walmart will have their own "special packs?" The Sepia may be Targets?

OK for those interested?

What does Topps Chrome have to offer?

Base Chrome set: 204

Base card image variations: 25
    (Base card codes on back end in #369 - Photo Variations end in #409)

1984 Topps Baseball: 25

Future Stars: 20

Greatness Returns: 15

Freshman Flash: 15

And of course. The obligatory autograph cards under many of the subsets and some relic cards

Also, each blaster has a 4 “Sepia” card pack.

Now. As usual.

There's a virtual plethora of colored refractors - have not seen that many colors since the 60s after dropping enough acid to fry every brain cell in my body (yes, just joking).

So far I'm just OK with the set and would most likely not try to complete by plowing loads of dough into boxes and blasters.

More on that later - when I see what I have and what the card photos look like?

Have never been a raving fan of "sepia" e.g.

edit: add

Wouldn't be surprised if the Guerrero and Alonso are hot RCs right now?

The Trout base card? Nice shot.

Mike
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2019 3:13PM

Ok just busted what I got from Wal-Mart. Each of the mega packs have five pink refractors. Not much there for me, but did pull two Braves. (Actually a third but it was Allard).

Each of the mega packs also had an 84 design. I pulled Matt Chapman, Allard (ugh) and Soto. And then there was the assortment of rookies and refractors of which there were a ton. Did pull the Alonso and yes it’s slightly smaller.

Did get an autograph from one of the mega packs of Ramon Laureano

The blaster was about the same. Did pull a sig there as well, and then the regular mix of rookies and stars. None of the big four on rookies here. Pull two 84s, another Chapman and a judge.

Didn’t pull any numbered parallels from blaster or the mega packs which was a bit of a surprise.

• Options

Overall - not bad tho.

2 autos? Very nice.

Tough thing about the selection in general with Topps? Ya get a lot of autos of nobody one can get excited about.

But, still fun to pull one.

I opened 3 blasters - no auto or colored refractors - I was surprised also.

Mike
  • Options

Yeah happy with two autos. Will probably hit eBay and get some of the Braves autos and parallels can spend another 50 bucks there and get Bryse Wilson, Kyle Wright and Touki sigs along with Acuna and Albies needs. I probably won’t get much else here. Was disappointed the only Austin Riley is an auto RC. No base Riley so I’m guessing that will come in the update set. I know my son wants to pick up a few of these so I’ll probably live vicariously through him on the rest of these.

• Options

@Stone193 said:

The Trout base card? Nice shot.

Agree. Was hoping it might have been a variation.

• Options
    edited August 3, 2019 4:50PM

I opened 6 value packs. No autos but an Alonso RC and the usual assortment of RC's and stars.

And this:

Vlad X-fractor RC. Not too bad.

• Options

Ok so I lied. I did one more. My wife was at Target and called to tell me they have Topps Chrome and asked if I wanted a blaster. Couldn’t say no.

Not a great one. Pulled a couple Braves. Two refractors, one prism, Kyle Tucker freshman flash and two 84s

Now I’m done.

• Options
    edited August 3, 2019 7:12PM

Vlad X-fractor RC. Not too bad.

Hiya Robert

Isn't that a "prism" refractor?

Nice pull buddy!

Mike
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2019 7:35PM

Hi Mike and thanks.

I don't know. I listed it on ebay as an x-fractor like the other listings.

I like the prism refractor description a lot better, though.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@Bearkat21 said:
    Ok so I lied. I did one more. My wife was at Target and called to tell me they have Topps Chrome and asked if I wanted a blaster. Couldn’t say no.

When the wife calls and offers one must accept.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    wadevlwadevl Posts: 224 ✭✭✭

Fellas
    Have a number of 19 Chrome Variations up in the Store if you need Singles
    Thanks
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=bigleaguesportscards&LH_PrefLoc=&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=2019+Topps+Chrome&_sacat=0

Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
    https://www.ebay.com/str/bigleagueseller
  • Options

I picked up 3 value packs and 1 mega box from Wal-Mart. The value packs didn’t have anything too impressive. The mega box had XFractors of Vlad Jr, Trout, and Soto and a Vlad Jr prism refractor.

• Options

The mega box had XFractors

Are the XFractors a "Walmart" thing?

Between refractors, shimmers, prisms and stuff - hard to keep up and I do modern sets.

Mike
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2019 9:31PM

So I went back since my son wanted to pick up some. Wasn’t going to do it, but I went ahead a grabbed another value pack as well.

Wasn’t a bad one. Pink Kyle Tucker, Kyle Tucker 84, finally got a color parallel with a purple Brandon Nimmo. Also pulled a Ryan O’Hearn for my Sam Houston Bearkats rookie collection.

My son didn’t do too bad with his two packs. Vlad JR base. Acuna, Albies, Acuna/Trout Greatness.

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

Hate to come on here and brag (OK, maybe that's not entirely true), but I picked up a couple jumbo boxes a week or so ago and decided to open 1 tonight. Needless to say, I think this card probably just covered the expenses for the box. Numbered to /50.

Also picked up my first negative - not much value but pretty cool looking card in my opinion.

Jim

• Options

Congratulations Jim!

Great card.

Mike
  • Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

Decided to open two 2019 Chrome blasters from Target. This is the first time I have opened anything new since 2010 Bowman Chrome and the Strasberg/Harper chase. My daughter picked these out so she could rip them with me. Let me know if you see anything good, since the new stuff is not my forte...

• Options

That's pretty cool getting an auto from 2 blasters Chris.

BTW - the big RC's 201-204? I'm wondering if they're SP's?

Mike
  • Options

@burghman said:
    Hate to come on here and brag (OK, maybe that's not entirely true), but I picked up a couple jumbo boxes a week or so ago and decided to open 1 tonight. Needless to say, I think this card probably just covered the expenses for the box. Numbered to /50.

Nice hit on the Vlad. I've been in a couple of breaks over the last couple of weeks and that's the first I've seen. On the player breaks Vlad has been going for insane amounts and the breaks I've seen have been largely Vlad free on the big hits.

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks! I definitely got lucky - I bought 2 jumbo boxes off eBay... the first had the Vlad and the second had a nice Alonso auto as well as a blue Tucker auto (numbered to 150) and a Purple Tatis (non-auto). I've read enough about folks not getting any named players so I'm definitely grateful and I updated my feedback on the seller to let everyone know that he's selling legit unopened stuff.

Jim

• Options

Wow - really nice Jim!

I pretty much crashed and burned on Chrome this year.

Have I got this correct - that Tatis has ended his season due to a back injury or something?

That's really disappointing if so.

Mike