Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

2019 Native American Coin and Currency Set - question

The two 2019 Native American Coin and Currency Sets that I ordered arrived today. I noticed something slightly off about my bills - I think currency collectors would not consider these as significant, but I wanted to ask anyway. Sorry I don't have anything to take photos of these to show you, but on both my bills, the serial number in the upper right corner has the last digit very slightly elevated compared to the rest of the digits. The same serial number in the lower left corner looks normal. It's very slight but I noticed it right away. I have serial numbers G19596442A and G19596443A, and it's the bolded number that is elevated.

Comments

• Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

A slightly elevated digit in the serial number is not all that uncommon. The error would have to be significant to garner a premium. If the digit were to be significantly elevated where half the number or more is above the rest; then this is what is known among collectors as a stuck digit error. If part of the stuck digit number is missing because it is so far elevated, some of the old time collectors used to call this a gas pump error. I think what you have is a curiosity and is considered a minor error. If the error was more pronounced (major error) there would be additional value placed on it.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TennisCoach said:
    A slightly elevated digit in the serial number is not all that uncommon. The error would have to be significant to garner a premium. If the digit were to be significantly elevated where half the number or more is above the rest; then this is what is known among collectors as a stuck digit error. If part of the stuck digit number is missing because it is so far elevated, some of the old time collectors used to call this a gas pump error. I think what you have is a curiosity and is considered a minor error. If the error was more pronounced (major error) there would be additional value placed on it.

Thanks!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the coin forum someone received s/n 19592019