Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Older TrueView Image?

The attached image was automatically associated with a coin in my inventory since I have that option enabled. It is not formatted like the other TrueView Images.

1) Is it an older format?

2) Can it be removed without removing all the others since it's color representation is not accurate?

Thanks for your inputs,

Hurst

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you can delete the image of just one coin. I keep that auto thing turned off and do all of mine manually.

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

You will have to turn the "auto" option off before you can delete any of the automatically downloaded photos.

• Options

It's an old Secure Scan (not a TrueView). I can "hide" the image in the system as well.

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• Options
    lusterloverlusterlover Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2019 8:16AM

@PCGSPhoto said:
    It's an old Secure Scan (not a TrueView).

What he said. I think you should get it TrueViewed as it appears to be a nice looking Lincoln!

• Options

Beautiful Lincoln. Much better than Red to me. JMHO

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PCGSPhoto said:
    It's an old Secure Scan (not a TrueView). I can "hide" the image in the system as well.

How can I do this? I have several of these- seems to be the first secure (gold shield holders)
    Thanks

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    hbarbeehbarbee Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the delay in updating this. The response from DIMEMAN is the correct process. Turn the option off to automatically attach TrueView images to your inventory items. This will automatically remove them from all of your inventory. Then go to the cert verification page, enter the number and download the TrueView image if available. Now you can upload it to your inventory item if you wish along with any other images you may have.

There is a good reason for this if you collect copper based coins. TrueView images for gold, silver and nickel seem to be pretty accurate. For copper coins graded BN or RD the images are also acceptable in most all cases. However, for RB cents very few of the images are even close. They are overly red and somehow enhance splotches that in no way show up on the coin in hand.

Attached is an example for one of mine of the TrueView along with my picture that looks as the coin really appears. I am surprised that PCGS does not catch this when the picture is taken.

• Options

Lately I have been using my own pics as the TV's are not accurate. I think they try to do too many coins too fast.