Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

4SC collecting sales tax now through web site?

I had a card I was interested in (saw on eBay) so I went to the 4SC web site. It is 15% cheaper but they are adding sales tax. Is this a new development? I probably have not purchased from them for about a year but I don't remember being charged sales tax. Also, it looks like the threshold for free shipping is higher ($150) than I remember.

Daniel

Comments

• Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

I just noticed the sales tax charge as well. It must of happened the last week or two.
    The $150 shipping has been around for at least a year. It used to be $3 for shipping under $150 but that
    recently changed to $4.

aconte

• Options
    backbidderbackbidder Posts: 232 ✭✭✭

I bought off their website on Sunday, and when I added items to the cart it showed sales tax being applied as I added items. However, when I went to check out, entered my address, and moved to the billing section the tax went to zero. I live in PA that now has internet sales tax as of July 1.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

It’s new and unfortunate. I had a list ready and saw the additional sales tax at checkout, decided not to purchase.

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

The recent Ebay sales tax has hurt my sales big time.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

@backbidder said:
    I bought off their website on Sunday, and when I added items to the cart it showed sales tax being applied as I added items. However, when I went to check out, entered my address, and moved to the billing section the tax went to zero. I live in PA that now has internet sales tax as of July 1.

Thanks for all the replies. I just tried this and it worked. I live in Maryland and when I put my address in, the sales tax became zero.

Daniel