Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hocus - Focus

CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭✭✭

Using CoinFacts 1967 25c MS68 how do you think mine will size up? Now, after seeing my pics and even though I don't have a high-tech camera I realize mine is no 68.

CoinFacts 68

Mine

Comments

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe XF45

• Options

@djm said:
    Maybe XF45

That bad? The luster looks great but I guess the strike is weak?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:

@djm said:
    Maybe XF45

No grade. Damage from coin roller?

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@djm said:
    Maybe XF45

I've gotta get out and find me some new stuff today! By the way, after selling a good portion of my silver (2,000) to spend on one newp. I have decided against that and instead using the money for grading fees. I can't help myself, its more fun to make the coin than it is to buy it off the shelf. Especially with my budget :)

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't use any of your money on grading fees for that coin. It is a weakly struck dog.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

@CoinscratchFever said:

@Hemispherical said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@djm said:
    Maybe XF45

I've gotta get out and find me some new stuff today! By the way, after selling a good portion of my silver (2,000) to spend on one newp. I have decided against that and instead using the money for grading fees. I can't help myself, its more fun to make the coin than it is to buy it off the shelf. Especially with my budget :)

If I understood correctly... I agree it is more fun to test ones own grading ability and then sending it in to see how close (or not) you are. Of course this fun does come with a substantial monetary price tag.

But it still fun! :)

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:

@Hemispherical said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@djm said:
    Maybe XF45

UGH.

Let me know if you win the lottery. I'll buy CLCT stock immediately.

With much love and respect, if you were seriously considering spending $30 getting that quarter graded, you should probably not make any coins until you've gained a little more experience. People with good eyes can make a lot of money "making coins". But for people with average eyes, the only winner is the grading service. In my ever humble opinion, of course.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@Hemispherical said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@djm said:
    Maybe XF45

UGH.

With much love and respect, if you were seriously considering spending $30 getting that quarter graded, you should probably not make any coins until you've gained a little more experience. People with good eyes can make a lot of money "making coins". But for people with average eyes, the only winner is the grading service. In my ever humble opinion, of course.

Buy. Need it for next dividend payout. :)

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@Hemispherical said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@djm said:
    Maybe XF45

UGH.

Agree, when it comes to quarters which are kinda new for me. I have been getting pretty good at the cents. But, this was another lesson within itself after @djm 's input and going back and looking at others I have I realize my Washie is going bald.
    As far as the lottery, you will be the first to know :)

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@Hemispherical said:

@CoinscratchFever said:

@djm said:
    Maybe XF45

If I understood correctly... I agree it is more fun to test ones own grading ability and then sending it in to see how close (or not) you are. Of course this fun does come with a substantial monetary price tag.

But it still fun! :)

I have 16 more coming in the next day or two - Fingers crossed.

Line Items Cert # PCGS # Description Grade Country
    1 1 In Process In Process 1963 1C In Process USA
    2 1 In Process In Process 1964 1C In Process USA
    3 1 In Process In Process 1970-S 1C In Process USA
    4 1 In Process In Process 1974-D 1C In Process USA
    5 1 In Process In Process 1953 10C In Process USA
    6 1 In Process In Process 1954 10C In Process USA
    7 1 In Process In Process 1961 10C In Process USA
    8 1 In Process In Process 1947-D 25C In Process USA
    9 1 In Process In Process 1963-D 25C In Process USA
    10 1 In Process In Process 1963-D 25C In Process USA
    11 1 In Process In Process 1966 25C In Process USA
    12 1 In Process In Process 1947-D 50C In Process USA
    13 1 In Process In Process 1964 50C In Process USA
    14 1 In Process In Process 1964 50C In Process USA
    15 1 In Process In Process 1967 50C In Process USA
    16 1 In Process In Process 2005-D 10C In Process USA

• Options

@CoinscratchFever Goodluck!

• Options

@jmlanzaf . When searching for shark teeth on the beach you have to develop an eye for it. Basically, you are looking for black triangles or a portion of if half buried. Once you have it they are easy to spot - Sound familiar?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,955 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    @jmlanzaf . When searching for shark teeth on the beach you have to develop an eye for it. Basically, you are looking for black triangles or a portion of if half buried. Once you have it they are easy to spot - Sound familiar?

Yes, but you don't need to spend $30 on every black triangle. If you go to a show, you can see hundreds of already slabbed coin and test your eyes against those. Some shows have grading contests where they cover the grade and you get to decide. You can also take grading courses. Those are much cheaper ways to develop an eye.

• Options

@SkyMan said:
    While you shouldn't waste the money to slab your Washington, I still think it is an attractive coin. It's a good one for an album.

Now that I have more than one confirmation I agree and that’s where it came from and that’s where it’s going back to.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you came to that conclusion ....... shark teeth anyone? B)

@CoinscratchFever said:

@SkyMan said:
    While you shouldn't waste the money to slab your Washington, I still think it is an attractive coin. It's a good one for an album.

Now that I have more than one confirmation I agree and that’s where it came from and that’s where it’s going back to.

• Options
    edited July 31, 2019 6:15PM

Out of 5 pawn shops and 3 antique shops this is all I could muster up today. And the toner made me do it! Felt like a scavenger hunt :)

• Options
    edited July 31, 2019 6:10PM

@CoinscratchFever

Just a heads-up. There is a receipt with an an address visible in the second pic.

Still a nice album filler.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    @CoinscratchFever

Just a heads-up. There is a receipt with an an address visible in the second pic.

Still a nice album filler.

Whoopsies! Just an invoice to one of my customers, no biggie! Which reminds me I need to check those for FB's
    Thanks!

• Options

The devil made me do it. Actually the cool waves with the rainbow did B)
    She managed a 66. Plus 1 for ownership.
    Agree w/Tom a weakly struck 3 legged dog :D

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't feel too badly. Most 67's are weakly struck. Look at the "view more images" under the CoinFacts MS68. Compare this MS67 to yours. Not to mention the several hits yours have but the strike.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file