Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

the ANA auction catalogs

GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received the ANA auction catalogs in the mail from Heritage and Stacks in the last week or so. Not sure why, but I definitely find more coins I am interested in when looking through the catalogs as opposed to when I review online. I guess that is why they still print catalogs.

Comments

• Options
    cardinalcardinal Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree! When you do searches online, you only see the items you specifically search for; whereas, flipping through a catalog, you might find something that you would not have been aware of, that might be something of interest to you.

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely! I was going through the Stacks catalog the day it arrived in the mail and went "Oh, I didn't know that was in there." And that was after going through everything, I thought, online for a couple of days.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

.....and that's why I still like to read newspapers.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2019 3:03PM

I’m old school and prefer an actual physical catalog but I do find they’re too heavy and I have to be sitting up while browsing. I also enjoy reading a physical newspaper with a cup of coffee.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file