Home Q & A Forum

1937 Adam Pietz medal

Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked this nice medal up today at a flea market for $3. It was in a filthy small bag on a table of junk jewelry. Google on the fly let me know that Pietz was a medalist, engraver and U.S.mint employee in Philadelphia. Anyone know why he made this self portrait and is the rev his family crest? Slight horizontal misalignment gives it character. Oh yeah, any idea of current value. I'd say it's EF+ IMO. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

Comments

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    Picked this nice medal up today at a flea market for $3. It was in a filthy small bag on a table of junk jewelry. Google on the fly let me know that Pietz was a medalist, engraver and U.S.mint employee in Philadelphia. Anyone know why he made this self portrait and is the rev his family crest? Slight horizontal misalignment gives it character. Oh yeah, any idea of current value. I'd say it's EF+ IMO. Peace Roy

Recommend you also post this in the US Coin forums there have been quite a few fairly recent threads about Pietz.