Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

1796 HALF CENT **ONLY 1,390 MINTED** +++ CERTIFIED NGC-GOOD +++ DETAIL for sale

ArizonaRareCoinsArizonaRareCoins Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 11, 2020 8:03PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

1796 HALF CENT CERTIFIED by NGC as GOOD details-environmental damage. Provenance from The Yoder Family Collection. Described as: (C-2, B-2, R.4.) Both sides have full details, with the date and LIBERTY both bold and complete. The surfaces are moderately corroded, but not severely so. A suitable example for nearly any collector. EAC 4.

PRICE: $7,750 Paypal or check

THIS COIN PREVIOUSLY SOLD AT THE 2008 May Long Beach, CA Signature Auction #1108 LOT #1750 FOR $16,100.00:

https://coins.ha.com/itm/half-cents/1796-1-2-c-with-pole-corroded-ncs-good-details/a/1108-1750.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515#

Comments

• ArizonaRareCoinsArizonaRareCoins Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2019 5:53PM

PRICE REDUCED: $7,250 Paypal or check

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Due to registry reasons, I would think it would sell better in PCGS plastic, even in details, due to the rarity.
    Any thoughts of crossing?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

I agree. I believe there would be more interest in this coin if it were in a PCGS holder. If I haven't sold this coin in the next week, I will send it to PCGS.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool.
    Just FYI, I say that as someone who has a PCGS Everyman's set of half cents....(missing 1796, 1797, and 1802 (knowing that a 1796 that I would be willing to purchase would most likely be a details or a P-01))

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

*** SOLD ***
    I finally sold this coin tonight. I thought that it would be an easy coin to sell, even in the details holder, but I was wrong. I think the buyer got a great deal as the env damage is minimal and the date is really strong.