Home Q & A Forum

Should I get these graded?.. any help would be greatly appreciated

Answers

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're generic silver rounds. Unless you think grading will increase the value to pay for the fees and shipping, it isn't worth it.

Question: Do you understand how much grading costs?

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Alright thank you

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you should go ahead and get something graded and then that will make these decisions much easier in the future. :p

I've gotten exactly one coin graded myself. I had to get a membership in the grading company ($50 or so at the time), and then it cost me $100 to get the coin graded (it was an error coin so there was a surcharge for that). Was it worth it? Yes, only because the coin was worth $3000.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

As silver rounds they are worth whatever the spot price of silver is and what a buyer is willing to pay... and a bullion buyer would pay less than spot.

Hard to know what someone (such as a non-collecting Vet) would pay for privately made War related tokens made of silver. Might look at sold auctions on the Bay.

• Thank you very much ..I really appreciate it

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

PCGS and NGC do not grade generic bullion. ANAC probably would, but why pay $15 apiece (including shipping) to grade rounds that are worth $17 each?

thefinn